Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Problem installing in VirtualBox  (Read 3046 times)

geo33

[EN] Problem installing in VirtualBox
« on: 2013/09/23, 07:02:08 »
Hi! I'm a former user of Sidux.
I relied on that distro for a few year before being forced by work to return to Windows. Now I'm hoping to get back to linux. Quite put-off by the unfriendliness I saw in the successor to Sidux, I was pleased to hear about Siduction.

I have been trying to install Firestarter x64 and x32 in Virtualbox 4.2.18 but I've had little success.

The problems I'm facing are described almost exactly by this post: http://test.siduction.org/forum/index.php?topic=2331.0

But in my case:
I worked through the rather unclear installation procedure in Siduction and after reading and re-reading and trying to understand the installer, (using the partition manager G-Parted is easy and clear) I managed to set the following partitions:

root  12 GB
swap  2 GB

All logical volumes are created with the Siduction installer. It appears that the LV's are being correctly recognized and set as root and swap.

But when I continue with the installation, the following error message appears when the copying files process reaches 60%.
The log file reports:

Code: [Select]

O: Mounting
O: starting copy2HD
O: copy the CD into the harddisk
E: Error copying iso to harddisk
O: siduction-installer ended abnormally

E: mounting of /dev/VGsys/LVhome:/home failed. Some messages from mount: mount: can not find /fll/hdinstall/home in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
O: siduction-installer ended abnormally

The person who made the post at http://test.siduction.org/forum/index.php?topic=2331.0
reported,
"If the file systems on the LVhome LVvar and are made ​​by hand with:

Code:
# mkfs.ext4 /dev/VGsys/LVhome
# mkfs.ext4 /dev/VGsys/LVvar

Then the installation is successfully completed"

But I have no idea what that means or how to do it.

What is happening and how can this be resolved?
Thank you!

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Problem installing in VirtualBox
« Reply #1 on: 2013/09/25, 13:00:21 »
# mkfs.ext4 /dev/VGsys/LVhome
# mkfs.ext4 /dev/VGsys/LVvar

Those are the actual commands that you issue as root (mkfs= make file-system)

greetz
devil