Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Siduction as "master system" fails to boot manjaro via grub  (Read 3141 times)

Offline df8oe

• User
  • Linux von Innen
    • DF8OE
Hello to all,

I have set up a system where 5 different linux reside on different partitions. Siduction64 is the "master" and has the task to boot all systems via its grub. That works perfectly with all Debian based systems - but fails with Manjaro. The reason is that there multiple initrd files are used and Siduction os probing only grabs the first one and discards the second. The first is intel microcode and the second is initramfs - of course no booting. But Suduction uses very new grub, too! What can I do that grub os probing copies BOTH initd files and not only the first one? grub-update takes only the first one...

Greetings
df8oe

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: Siduction as "master system" fails to boot manjaro via grub
« Reply #1 on: 2018/11/18, 19:49:42 »
Does this help at all

Code: [Select]
update-initramfs -c -k all
update-grub

If not, try chainloading
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: Siduction as "master system" fails to boot manjaro via grub
« Reply #2 on: 2018/11/18, 23:38:08 »
that old common arch problem :)

Solution:
provide a script which links the current kernel  and initramfs to /vmlinux and /initrd - and let grub use these links

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)