Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] kwheezy  (Read 3877 times)

hefee

[EN] kwheezy
« on: 2014/02/06, 14:14:34 »
some days ago I found the dirsti named kwheezy. The screenshots looks very good and the informations sounds like, that the person really cares about a good KDE desktop. Maybe we could work together with him to have a better integrated  KDE desktop.

http://www.kwheezy.com/en/

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: kwheezy
« Reply #1 on: 2014/02/07, 00:46:37 »
It is a nice distro, been using it in vbox since it was released
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #2 on: 2014/02/07, 01:22:09 »
unfortunally it seems that some principles of kwheezy dont meet ours - may be best for usere experience but i dont think that we will supply crdtools by schily otb , nor flash player otb, nor firefox, nor thunderbird, nor google-earth, nor Imagination (because of ffmpeg) - there are also other issues like apper, not based on sid.

Beside of that its well polished - and if it's possible to work together, why not, that would be a good thing.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

sqlpython

« Reply #3 on: 2014/02/08, 22:07:17 »
 I too was impressed with Kwheezy. Seems to be well thought out and the directions is good.
I just had one obvious question ????
When stable moves from Wheezy to Jessie does the distro become KJessie  ??
 Just have never seen a distro that would continually Upgrade it's name   :)

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #4 on: 2014/02/14, 16:19:30 »
I stumbled across KWheezy too. It looks attractive but I didn't dare to install it in a virtualbox because they say something about 18 GB minimum space. They bring far too many applications preinstalled I guess...
Susan | Hardware: SysProfile
Music-Profile: http://www.last.fm/de/user/spacepengu

Offline musca

• User
  • sid, fly high!
Re: kwheezy in vbox
« Reply #5 on: 2014/02/14, 21:12:22 »
hello  spacepenguin,

in vbox you can use a "dynamically allocated" diskimage, so you won't need the full space at the beginning.

greetings
musca
β€žEs irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.β€œ  (Goethe, Faust)

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #6 on: 2014/02/14, 21:26:33 »
Thank musca, I know. That's why I hesitate. It sounds like kwheezy wants to install 18 GB from the beginning!
Susan | Hardware: SysProfile
Music-Profile: http://www.last.fm/de/user/spacepengu