Siduction Forum > Hardware - Support

Broadcom BCM4313 problems

<< < (2/2)

tranquil:

--- Quote from: GoinEasy9 on 2018/10/14, 22:23:24 ---If it works don't fix it, but, I've got to find out why.

--- End quote ---
  I agree.  It's not helpful to fix something without understanding why it broke in the first place.

GoinEasy9:
After 2 reboots, wifi slows to a crawl again. Tried purging all proprietary drivers, but, kernel driver was no help. The sta driver failed, even though it is the one meant for the bcm4313. Reinstall of b43 leaves me where I started off. I'm going to have to do more research and possible try a usb wifi dongle. It works on the widows 7 install it's dual booted with, so, it may or may not be hardware related.  Damn.

tranquil:
Definitely understand the frustration.  In what way did the STA driver fail?  Did it fail to install or did WiFi just not work?

GoinEasy9:
My EeePc will show the wifi light, and gkrellm, with an active window for wifi. The sta driver didn't show on gkrellm at all. There was no active wifi with it. Right now, b43-fwcutter and its firmware are installed, and as before, it seems to connect, but, is too slow to use.   

Next up will be the broadcom-wl driver. It's also listed for the bcm4313.

GranMain:
Hi... the "b43" driver CAN NOT work with this card. It is supported by either the native "brcmsmac" (requires no additional firmware for this card) or proprietary "wl" driver (which you already had in the first report).
 So my guess is that it is the "brcmsmac" that is automatically loading (obviously) after removing (purging) the "wl" driver, and installing the firmware has absolutely nothing to do with the fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version