Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] 2 interesting reads  (Read 4596 times)

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: 2 interesting reads
« Reply #1 on: 2014/07/04, 21:47:00 »
Yep, we are all extremists.

greetz
devil

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2014/07/04, 22:21:05 »
I got my tin-foil hat, but, opted for the blue color  ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2014/07/04, 22:44:40 »

greetz
devil
For sure, in the way this follow-up article http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/are-you-extremist describes it:
 "...extremely passionate about our hobbies and professions, extremely excited by innovative technology, and extremely supportive of the open source software community."

And in this sense, that article links to some "extemist seals of approval".
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

belze

« Reply #4 on: 2014/07/05, 16:27:56 »

greetz
devil
you are more than an extremist. You are Evil.  8)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #5 on: 2014/07/05, 21:35:04 »
Interesting indeed -- thanks Piper.  Hmmmm, I am reminded of the famous "extremism" quote from Barry Goldwater's 1964 speech.  Today, he must be rolling in his grave.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2014/07/05, 23:58:14 »
lol, I remember Barry, actually he is rofglhao  ;)

UP2L8

« Reply #7 on: 2014/07/10, 19:33:58 »
Interesting indeed -- thanks Piper.  Hmmmm, I am reminded of the famous "extremism" quote from Barry Goldwater's 1964 speech.  Today, he must be rolling in his grave.
Anyone quoting Barry Goldwater is okay in my book.   ;)

I read a few of the articles about this topic.  Interesting they ignore calls from pilot training schools about guys who only want to learn to fly an airplane, not take off or land, but anyone reading Linux material or using Linux gets put on their extremist list.  Go figure... ::)