Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Looking for a net install ISO or equivalent  (Read 1977 times)

Offline zantrikova

[EN] Looking for a net install ISO or equivalent
« on: 2023/04/01, 03:04:05 »
Hello,

I'm looking to determine if siduction would work for me, and have a few questions.

To start with, your "installation media" page doesn't appear to include a net install ISO. Is it located elsewhere? While there are certainly use cases for live DVD images, what I need is a base install I can build on. Do you have a means for that?

Thank you

Offline gorzka

• User
Re: Looking for a net install ISO or equivalent
« Reply #1 on: 2023/04/01, 05:17:58 »
you can use Nox to install a new system with minimal installation:

https://testbuilds.siduction.org/nox/siduction-Masters_of_War-nox-amd64-latest.iso
Auf dem Baum da saß ein Specht
der Baum war hoch, dem Specht war schlecht

Offline Geier0815

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2023/04/01, 08:11:37 »
siduction has another approach to install the system than debian. You install the system from within the running live-system. So choose the system you are interested in, run the live-system and if you like what you see, install it from this live-system. Afterwards you've got a debian sid with extras from siduction.
Wenn Windows die Lösung ist...
kann ich dann bitte das Problem zurück haben?

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #3 on: 2023/04/01, 08:34:05 »
We are also working on a netinstall image, that will allow you to choose different desktop environments and package sets. But that is work in progress and might be ready by the end of the year.