Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  New Pkg libtag1v5-vanilla May Result in Pkg Removals  (Read 2322 times)

KrunchTime

I performed a dist-upgrade about an hour and a half ago and received the following:
Code: [Select]

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  clementine guayadeque libasprintf0c2 libboost-date-time1.55.0 libcmis-0.5-5
  libcwidget3 libebml4 libept1.4.12 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libglu1-mesa:i386
  libicu52:i386 libllvm3.5:i386 libmatroska6 libproxy1 libreoffice
  libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer libreoffice-base libreoffice-base-core
  libreoffice-base-drivers libreoffice-calc libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw
  libreoffice-gtk libreoffice-help-en-us libreoffice-impress libreoffice-math
  libreoffice-report-builder-bin libreoffice-sdbc-firebird
  libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb libreoffice-writer libstdc++6:i386 libtag1-vanilla
  libtag1c2a libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386 libwine:i386 libxapian22 libxml2:i386
  powertop python3-uno synaptic wine-bin:i386 wine32:i386
I attempted to install the new package libtag1v5-vanilla and also received the package removal statement, hence my belief that this is the package causing issues.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: New Pkg libtag1v5-vanilla May Result in Pkg Removals
« Reply #1 on: 2015/08/06, 08:59:34 »
nothing new,  the things will evolve over time - read the upgrade-warnings, we are in a libstd++c6 transition right now
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

KrunchTime

« Reply #2 on: 2015/08/07, 04:54:15 »
^ Thank you.

I was finishing up an Unstable install on my laptop today and attempted to install libtag1v5-vanilla again and there is a bug in that package.  I didn't get that error yesterday.  Unfortunately, this is preventing me from installing a number of my favorite apps under my Unstable install.  :(

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2015/08/07, 14:49:14 »
Nope - there is no bug in the package, we are in a transition - and willl be for the next few weeks. So depending on the currently built packages it is quite normal that some dependencies are or will be broken. But that should go away in a certain amount of time - for some packages some dependencies will stay broken until the transition is finished.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)