Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Newer Linux kernel booting on phone(s), step to Linux on phones?  (Read 7397 times)

Offline vilde

• User
As I do the same on my phones as on my computers, put alternative os on them, I am a little active on xda developers forum to find roms for my phones.

One of my phones is a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and now there are one of the developers on xda (munjeni) that is booting his Z1 compact on I think 4.11 kernel.

He is trying to run Lede, router firmware on the Z1 compact and also convinced that he would be able to run a "native Linux" on the phone. The guy seems to be very productive on xda and doing a lot of work, you can read a little here.

Android is linux so maybe this is no different from before, or is something happening? Will normal linux be more working on phones in the future?

« Last Edit: 2017/12/13, 23:47:35 by vilde »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Android isn't Linux
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline vilde

• User
Android isn't Linux

OK, anyway, munjeni is using main Linux kernel to boot the Z1 compact

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck