BUGS > 2013.2

sidu installer will not start kde amd64 december

(1/2) > >>

mhbell:
I have tried everything to install december KDE version amd64 nothing that has been sugested in the install forum has worked. the gnome version installs fine. I have a ati radeon hd4200 graphics card built in. There has to be a bug in the installer in the kde version. here is the problem when trying to install the kde version of december.

When I boot the live dvd I get to the desktop and it is unreadable because of very large fonts that are off of the screen. no matter what I do going to a terminal and installing firmware-linux-nonfree or the sidu-installer nothing works. with the gnome version I get a normal screen and I can install to the hard drive, but not in the kde version.

devil:
Very hard to say, because noone else has reproduced this behaviour so far. I myself have doe installs on 5 machines without spottintg the problem.

greetz
devil

mhbell:
Maybe no one else so far has a ATI Radeon HD4200 Did the machines you tried it on have a older ATI card? If I can install the gnome version and over 100 plus different distro's over the last 15 years then I would think it is the installer in the kde version. This computer that I am using is 7 years old and has had over 50 different distro's installed in that time. It is not the machine it is the distro that is broken the installer in the kde version.

devil:
There is only the installer, not the kde-installer. no difference.
You might want to try cli-installer from init 3.

greetz
devil

mhbell:
I am sorry I have to disagree there is a difference in the installer in the KDE version at least in the 2 different ISO's that I downloaded from different sources. They differ from the Gnome version. The gnome version installs and the KDE version will not. I installed using the cli-installer, but could not get a gui after the install. I had no problems installing firestarter kde version. So what has changed in december?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version