Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Gdm3 and selecting Gnome-classic at Login Issue  (Read 5834 times)

Kan

Re: Gdm3 and selecting Gnome-classic at Login Issue
« Reply #15 on: 2018/06/10, 17:53:01 »
Wow, nice. I am getting flashbacks of the old Sidux from your response. Have a nice day.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #16 on: 2018/06/10, 17:57:58 »
Sometimes the sidux people was right.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline OppaErich

• OLE
  • User
« Reply #17 on: 2018/06/11, 13:47:11 »
I'm using gdm3 and just for the fun of it, tried a login to Gnome classic. You guessed it: Works just fine.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #18 on: 2018/06/11, 13:53:39 »
Maybe some packaging changes in Gnome lately - so nothing we can track right now - bah ...
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline tommy2

• User
« Reply #19 on: 2018/06/11, 16:58:13 »
Many of us forget that we are using a moving target in siduction and when something does not work right after upgrading we are quick to cry and point our fingers, without doing our own part in reviewing what we may have done wrong. Sometimes one needs to step away from the problem to get a different prospective and then restart assessing the issue,  in many cases redoing the process that went wrong fixes the problem.  That I've learned from personal experience, thanks developers as a team you are ausum!   :)