Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [solved] linux-headers- (& -image-) siduction-amd64 kept back  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Jörg

• User
Since monday, 05-01, DU shows:

Code: [Select]
[10:50:19] root@thinkpad-s540:/home/jorg# apt-get upgrade -dV                                                                                   
Reading package lists... Done                                                                                                                   
Building dependency tree                                                                                                                         
Reading state information... Done                                                                                                               
Calculating upgrade... Done                                                                                                                     
The following packages have been kept back:
   linux-headers-siduction-amd64 (3.18-5 => 3.18-7)
   linux-image-siduction-amd64 (3.18-5 => 3.18-7)
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

Will this "keeping-back" change in due course or is there anything I have to do myself?

Greetings,
Jörg

[Edit] Thread marked as [solved] by moderator
« Last Edit: 2015/01/09, 09:08:15 by musca »

freedom

Re: linux-headers- (& -image-) siduction-amd64 kept back
« Reply #1 on: 2015/01/08, 12:39:44 »
Well, your command is not dist-upgrade but just upgrade...
I think that's the catch.  :-\

Offline Jörg

• User
Re: linux-headers- (& -image-) siduction-amd64 kept back
« Reply #2 on: 2015/01/08, 13:37:33 »
Absolutely - you are right and thank you. Cleaning up the bash_history in /root (cf. http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5258.0) manually the fault with the missing word "dist-" occurred. Next fault: using the tab-key with DU, I did not notice the missing "dist-"!!!

Greetings,
Jörg