Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Kde-4.10.4 users - python-sip-api-10 bump  (Read 2389 times)

Offline ralul

• User
Kde-4.10.4 users - python-sip-api-10 bump
« on: 2013/06/19, 13:37:35 »
Seems to be difficult to dist-upgrade today:
python-sip-api bump unsatisfies the rest of Kde repo
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Santa

« Reply #1 on: 2013/06/21, 15:38:36 »
Fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2013/06/21, 15:58:46 »
I saw using aptitude:
You thought of it coming before, I can see python-sip packages in kdenext.

I was not able to implement some preference regarding your phantastic repo, because you didn't give it a name: It is showing NULL with aptitude.

Would it complicate things for you would to name the packages release (like santa or whatever name) ?

What is your policy regarding your revision numbers, I can see numbers like "-0r" or "-90r"
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Santa

« Reply #3 on: 2013/06/21, 22:33:30 »
Quote from: "ralul"
I saw using aptitude:
You thought of it coming before, I can see python-sip packages in kdenext.

This time caught me a bit by surprise because I expected debian to do a transition[1] when there's a sip api bump. I guess the transition was done unannounced ths time because the person in charge sip realized that his sip latest upload triggered this:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=712669
[1]http://release.debian.org/transitions/

I was not able to implement some preference regarding your phantastic repo, because you didn't give it a name: It is showing NULL with aptitude.

Would it complicate things for you would to name the packages release (like santa or whatever name) ?

I don't know very well how to not get that uglies "NULL"'s in aptitude (I could dig deeper into it if it's neccesary). Since the problem is just about apt pinning if I'm understanding you correctly: I have just set up "kdenext" as "Origin".

What is your policy regarding your revision numbers, I can see numbers like "-0r" or "-90r"

Usually,
a) if it's appropiate to upgrade to the debian package if if were uploaded to unstable -> "-0r",
b) if it may be not safe because it would override an important fix, "-90r"

So when debian fixes the issues addresed in the "-90r" packages I would drop it and switch back to the "-0r". It's just a way to make sure things will be ok if debian starts to upload kde to unstable.