Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Lxqt broken  (Read 1791 times)

Offline titan

• User
Lxqt broken
« on: 2015/10/24, 15:27:12 »
Yesterdays DU wanted to remove Lxqt and I let it go thinking there would be a fix later. However it looks like a bit of a mystery. Trying to install using metapackage fails but all the modules can be installed except  lxqt-qtplugin  which fails because of qtbase-abi  which is part of  libqtcore5a 5.4.2+dfsg-9 which doesn't seem to exist. I expect there will be a fix soon.

I have since installed Razorqt and it is very good a lot better than when I last looked at it some time ago.

Offline paxmark2

• User
Re: Lxqt broken
« Reply #1 on: 2015/10/24, 16:09:26 »
qt5.5 transition wanted to remove calibre and much lxqt for the d-u maybe two days ago and I waited.  The lxqt removals disappeared and then the calibre removal changed to an update of calibre-bin.  I then dist-upgrade'd (not in X) and it was dull.  This morning I see a huge amount of work occurred overnight on freenode lxde and  after an apt-get update  several new updates  (liblxqt-globalkeys-ui0 liblxqt-globalkeys0 liblxqt0 lxqt-common) ) are available via "dist-upgrade -d"  I am off to work and I will wait till tomorrow.  It just might solve itself for you.   irc freenode  lxde is another source of help. 

In re razor-qt.  to the best of my knowledge no development has occured there in quite some time.

« Last Edit: 2015/10/24, 16:13:10 by paxmark2 »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: Lxqt broken
« Reply #2 on: 2015/10/24, 17:03:40 »
@paxmark2: right, https://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/commits/master - dead since end of 2013, some fixes in 2014 - but razor-qt was dead at this time. So i can't see any improvement since this time.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)