Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  LXQT Paint it black problems  (Read 2930 times)

Offline titan

• User
LXQT Paint it black problems
« on: 2016/01/29, 18:32:54 »
I have installed Lxqt on my laptop. It was to replace Lxqt but that originally was NOX some years ago and I thought I would have a clean start since there has been a lot of change over the years. I reformatted the drive (ssd) and installed Lxqt but I keep getting the same error it will not shutdown. I have now tried three installs with the same result, even if I try from a terminal it just goes to a single cursor and the keyboard takes no input. I have found pressing f2 shows the  systemd readout and it stops at " reaches target shutdown" I don't know where to even start looking for a fix.

Offline paxmark2

• User
Re: LXQT Paint it black problems
« Reply #1 on: 2016/01/29, 23:43:33 »
If you did it yesterday, it is probably the xorg1.18 transition.  It should be fixed soon, I will be trying on my test box that with paint it black lxqt that has similar problems. 

Offline paxmark2

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2016/01/30, 07:52:10 »
More involved and I went to sleep - long  week. I have been doing apt update and over the last few days via going into rescue mode.  Today taking info at

Basically http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=6032.0

grub update took out the recovery mode over the last 3 days, so towo's "e append 3 to linux line F10"

I did the overkill of shutting down x of systemctl stop sddm and then init 3

For my own personal reasons
apt-get remove plymouth

apt update   apt-get dist-upgrade -d   apt install xserver-xorg-input-evdev  apt install xserver-xorg  apt-get dist-upgrade  systemctl start sddm

I am back up Others probably have more adept methods at doing this. 

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2016/01/30, 10:32:17 »
My problems were (still are) with the original iso installation. I was aware of the Xorg problems, I never did an upgrade.

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2016/02/02, 21:36:54 »
Well after 4 days trying to resolve this issue I have given up   :( , although it looks like a few others have the same problem. I have just installed Bunsenlabs Hydrogen and it is quite an impressive job the devs have done. ;D