BUGS > 2013.2 RC1

sidu-installer will not start -Xfce-amd64

<< < (2/4) > >>

melmarker:
another time: this may be happend with older machines - timing problems with the autostart i think - please try to start the installer with:

--- Code: ---sidu-installer-control start

--- End code ---

and please - give feedback, if it work

vilde:

--- Quote from: melmarker on 2013/12/25, 18:41:03 ---another time: this may be happend with older machines - timing problems with the autostart i think - please try to start the installer with:

--- Code: ---sidu-installer-control start

--- End code ---

and please - give feedback, if it work

--- End quote ---

@melmarker,  That's what I meant with " doesn't matter how you start it" The above command will start the graphical installer exactly as clicking on the desktop-icon. After clicking "next" the first time I will come to terminal window with the same or similar message as pjnsmb. To be clear, I don't know about pjnsmb but the installer window start and it's after first click on "next" as the problem hit me.

melmarker:
ok - understood :)

vilde:
Just for checking i tried the same again on the T60 and on two other laptops, and I can't reproduce the bug, the installer just works now!!! I used the same usb-stick with xfce 32 bit and tried several times on the T60 and one time each on the two others! The only difference I can think of is that the battery charge was close to zero when I did the first faulty tests but AC power was on.

melmarker:
it can be a timing problem or some kind of black magic - can you check please the Language Settings on these computers - it may be, that this can help us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version