Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Installation mit verschlüsseltem LVM  (Read 3607 times)

GrafMager

Installation mit verschlüsseltem LVM
« on: 2020/05/04, 16:03:00 »
Hola Männer, (v2 - edited)

ich kriege es einfach nicht hin, anhand diverser Anleitungen folgendes hinzubekommen:

Ich möchte Siduction (KDE) in einer VirtualBox installieren. Ich habe also eine 100GB große VDI angelegt und nun hangle ich mich an dieser Anleitung ab ... und scheitere kläglich:

https://manual.siduction.org/part-lvm#part-lvm
bzw.
https://manual.siduction.org/hd-install-crypt#install-crypt

Ich halte mich quasi wörtlich an die Anleitung und soweit hat auch alles geklappt, die LVMs stehen. Aber wenn ich dann den Installer anschmeisse, erkennt er die einzelnen Laufwerke nicht.

Und ja, den letzten Abschnitt
"Note: Falls auf ein bereits verschlüsseltes LVM-Volume installiert wird, muss dem Installer diese Information bereitgestellt werden:"

habe ich natürlich gelesen und entsprechend befolgt:
Code: [Select]
cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/mapper/cryptvg-root cryptvg
vgchange -a y
« Last Edit: 2020/05/04, 16:51:11 by GrafMager »

Online hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
Re: Installation mit verschlüsseltem LVM
« Reply #1 on: 2020/05/04, 17:37:09 »
Ich glaube, das kann nur der cli-installer, als root.

GrafMager

« Reply #2 on: 2020/05/04, 20:46:06 »
Da sind wir doch schon mal einen Schritt weiter. Wie finde ich den bzw. was muss ich abfeuern? Das Manual sagt nix dazu.

Was mir übrigens zu der ganzen Prozedur mit dem LVM aufgefallen ist: manche Anleitungen wollen /boot auf keinen Fall als LVM einhängen und dort wird darauf bestanden, /boot als normale ext4-Partition einzuhängen und das siduction-Manual spricht explizit davon, dass auch /boot ein logisches Laufwerk innerhalb des LVM sein soll. Warum diese zwei gegensätzlichen Ansätze und welcher ist richtig(er)?

Online hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
« Reply #3 on: 2020/05/04, 21:14:14 »
Entweder ist der installer schon ab Werk dabei, sollte eigentlich, dann reicht es in der konsole als root den "cli-installer"aufzurufen

~$ su -
Passwort:
~# cli-installer

edit: Gelogen!

Entschuldigte, habe ganz vergessen, wir sind  mit einem live-iso unterwegs!

Feuer
sudo cli-installerab!

Wenn nicht, ist er ein
apt update; apt install cli-installer
entfernt.

Es ist vorhanden!

Zum Rest kann ich leider nicht viel sagen, denn davon habe ich keine Ahnung!
« Last Edit: 2020/05/05, 06:48:00 by hendrikL »

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #4 on: 2020/05/04, 23:06:06 »
What cli-installer install looks like

https://paste.debian.net/1144997/
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

GrafMager

« Reply #5 on: 2020/05/05, 10:47:24 »
Thanks @piper

Installation worked fine, but i'm struggeling now with this bad boy:

Das installierte System sollte eine Kernel-Befehlszeile mit folgenden Optionen aufweisen (UUID wird benutzt):

root=/dev/mapper/cryptroot cryptopts=source=UUID=12345678-1234-1234-1234-1234567890AB,target=cryptroot

Because after the installation worked out, i just tried to restart and (of course) no bootable device was found. How do I proceed? Is this line here

root=/dev/mapper/cryptroot cryptopts=source=UUID=12345678-1234-1234-1234-1234567890AB,target=cryptroot
something, that should go into /etc/default/grub? And if yes, is this even the "right" file, when I boot the live cd? I'm very confused here ...

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #6 on: 2020/05/05, 18:37:44 »
Sorry I can't help with encryption, never had a reason to use it
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

GrafMager

« Reply #7 on: 2020/05/05, 19:00:47 »
I think in this case it's rather a question regarding the installation process, not so much about the encryption. The LVM seems to be working, but I don't understand how to finish the installation out of the cli-installer. Everything went fine, I could define all the mount points, GRUB went into the MBR.

But then I just rebooted and no boot device could be found, so obviously I made a mistake somewhere.

Maybe this would be a nice moment to fix/complete the manual regarding an installation with LVM/LUKS and the cli-installer ...  ;)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #8 on: 2020/05/05, 19:05:47 »
I haven't done it, but this article says that you cannot encrypt /boot.  So possibly you can repartition to make a 500MB ext4 partition for /boot, and then install the rest of your OS on the encrypted partition.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

GrafMager

« Reply #9 on: 2020/05/05, 22:39:52 »
I never said that my /boot is encrypted. It's not. But it is part of the LVM. Again, I did everything according to the manual linked above.

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #10 on: 2020/05/06, 00:30:27 »
I'm not sure it has anything to do with encryption or LVM. I have never tried them myself but I just had a similar problem with the installers(both graphical and cli) either lock up my whole system or complete but a couple times it didn't even install the boot loader an when it did the bios couldn't find the disc.(NO BOOTABLE DISC).

After several attempts I was able to boot the live usb and at the boot screen select "find efi boot loaders" or something like that. It finally did find them and when I chose the correct one it would boot into the installed system. During an extensive search to find a solution I remembered having a similar problem installing MX Linux. They have a script available on there live media to fix the boot loader and it worked great. I did have to boot MX-19 live to do it.

It's worth a try.   https://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=7968.15

Offline finotti

• User
« Reply #11 on: 2020/05/06, 00:35:44 »
I never said that my /boot is encrypted. It's not. But it is part of the LVM. Again, I did everything according to the manual linked above.
Could you try to use a non-LVM boot partition?  Just something to maybe try.

GrafMager

« Reply #12 on: 2020/05/07, 13:28:12 »
thanks @eriefisher and @finotti, i'm gonna try both ways.