Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  plank - two processes superimposed  (Read 1434 times)

Offline paxmark2

• User
plank - two processes superimposed
« on: 2015/07/21, 05:29:33 »
Indian Summer LXQT

After a dist-upgrade on June 20 I have a smaller size plank (IconSize=32) with a larger size (IconSize=44) plank superimposed over it.  The larger icon size one is located  at  ~/.config/plank/dock1/settings  and the Size32 plank is located at ~.config/plank/lxqt/settings          I will decide which one to rm tomorrow.  ...

Later - Held off on posting and rebooted.  I now only have one plank showing, it is probably the ~/.config/plank/lxqt/setting with the sixe 32 icon.  But I do have two plank processes showing in htop.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Offline paxmark2

• User
Re: plank - two processes superimposed
« Reply #1 on: 2015/07/25, 16:06:13 »
On further investigation, I realized that for a loong time in both lxqt or openbox - I had 2 plank icons in my plank.  I right clicked on them (for the first time - plank just worked) and removed the one that did not have options to configure plank.  Things improved. 

I still have a .~/.config/plank/lxqt and a .~/config/plank/dock1 (dock1 has settings for the simpler openbox environment).  No real problems seen presently with the duplicated configs.  I will see what happens when lxqt changes over to the xfce4 windowmanager.   

I really liked openbox, but it is not like I have a ring on my finger or anything with it.