Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Nice distro, folks.  (Read 3173 times)

dhave

[EN] Nice distro, folks.
« on: 2012/10/13, 23:09:31 »
I don't know which forum section to post this in, so I'll put it here.

You guys have a really nice distro here. I've tried Debian once or twice since I started playing with Linux eight years ago. I always like it, but I missed the more current packages of Arch and other rolling-release distros.

I stumbled across siduction as I was testing various distros for their support of UEFI. Over on linuxquestions.org, I'm keeping a list of distros that have UEFI-bootable installation CDs or DVDs and that will let the use install to a GPT-formatted hard drive and boot the installed system via UEFI. There really aren't that many distros yet that do offer this level of support for UEFI, even though most if not all new machines come with motherboards that support UEFI. Siduction passes with flying colors.

Other aspects of siduction are impressive, too, though. I don't know how much of that is attributable to Debian or to the siduction team, but, either way, you folks have done a very good job.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Nice distro, folks.
« Reply #1 on: 2012/10/13, 23:27:05 »
Thank you for your kind reception,. There is new releases coming up in a couple weeks. So you might want to stay tuned.

greetz
devil

dhave

Re: Nice distro, folks.
« Reply #2 on: 2012/10/13, 23:34:56 »
Quote from: "devil"
Thank you for your kind reception,. There is new releases coming up in a couple weeks. So you might want to stay tuned.

You're welcome. I've got siduction on my laptop now and plan to leave it there for a while. I'll look forward to the upcoming release.

Debian and its derivatives have been around for so long that its devs must be doing a lot of things right. I'm glad to have found a Debian-based distro to work with for a while.

FWIW, my list of UEFI-aware distros is here:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/which-linux-distros-have-uefi-aware-installation-media-4175429194/

Linuxquestions.org apparently limits editing to just a few days after a post initially appears, so I'm having to add additional distros further down the thread.