Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] New Builds  (Read 11573 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
[EN] New Builds
« on: 2022/08/19, 19:50:37 »
Since we were all very busy in our jobs or on vacation in these last months, we did not make all that much progress on our next release. We know what we want to ship, we just need time to do it. To let you not sit on images that need a huge update after installing, we have built a new set of images today.

Flavours are KDE, Lxde, LXQt, MATE, Xfce, nox and xorg. The netinstall we are working on also has a fresh build that you can try on a spare machine or in a VM. Thbe images can be found on https://testbuilds.siduction.org/. They have all (apart from the netinstall)  been booted and installed, but that is the extent of our testing for these builds. All new builds have todays date.

---

Da wir alle in den letzten Monaten beruflich sehr eingespannt oder im Urlaub waren, sind wir mit unserer nächsten Version nicht sehr weit gekommen. Wir wissen, was wir veröffentlichen wollen, wir brauchen nur Zeit dafür. Um euch nicht auf Images sitzen zu lassen, die nach der Installation ein großes Update benötigen, haben wir heute einen neuen Satz Images erstellt.

Die Flavours sind KDE, Lxde, LXQt, MATE, Xfce, nox und xorg. Der Netinstaller, an der wir arbeiten, hat auch einen frischen Build, den ihr auf einem Zweitrechner oder in einer VM ausprobieren könnt. Die Images liegen auf https://testbuilds.siduction.org/. Sie wurden alle (außer dem Netinstaller) gebootet und installiert, aber das ist das Ausmaß unserer Tests für diese Builds. Alle neuen Builds tragen das heutige Datum.

Offline Balou

• User
Re: New Builds
« Reply #1 on: 2022/08/20, 20:24:35 »
Hi,

Habe mir mal die netinstaller iso in Virtualbox installiert. Installation mit manueller Partionierung lief durch. Mit Cinnamon
Das Handbuch wird mir nicht als PDF angezeigt sondern irgendwie als "Datei". Also zu lesen ist dann nur Kauderwelsch.
Schnell noch die aktuellen Mint Themen und Icons installiert damit ich mit Cinnamon Feeling bekomme,
Bisher rennt es

BalouB

Offline rolo48

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2022/08/21, 07:09:52 »
Moin

Ist es möglich, auch ein Cinnamon Iso zu aktualisieren? Würde mir viel Download ersparen.  Danke schon mal
rolo48

Offline Locutus

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2022/08/21, 18:56:42 »
Major issue with the KDE version. I go to install rootactions in Dolphin and I get what you see in the video. I have never had this issue with adding Rootactions in Dolphin in any OS. Any idea what you guys might have done.? That by the way is on two different installs. I reinstalled in case it might of just been something with the first install.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/741631665/privacy

Offline edlin

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2022/08/21, 19:35:39 »
@Balou
Was passiert denn, wenn du das Manual z. B. mit Okular aufrufst?
Code: [Select]
okular /usr/share/siduction-manual/siduction-manual_de.pdf
edlin
Der Kluge lernt aus allem und von jedem,
der Normale aus seinen Erfahrungen
und der Dumme weiß alles besser.

Sokrates

Offline Balou

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2022/08/21, 20:28:41 »
@edlin

Ich meine die netinstaller iso. Da wird das Handbuch im "Browser" aufgerufen. Schreibe aber gerade von meinen kleinen Laptop.
Schaue mir das gerne nochmal an welches Programm da genau aufgerufen wird. Aber ich denke mal okular ist bei der netstaller iso
nicht drauf.

Balou

Offline vinzv

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #6 on: 2022/08/21, 22:07:21 »
Major issue with the KDE version. I go to install rootactions in Dolphin and I get what you see in the video. I have never had this issue with adding Rootactions in Dolphin in any OS. Any idea what you guys might have done.? That by the way is on two different installs. I reinstalled in case it might of just been something with the first install.

Looks like this addon install routine asks for root permissions via sudo. It even tells you where the problem is. So add your user to group "wheel" and try again,

As root:
# gpassd -a <your username> wheel
# exit

Logout and re-login.

Edit: this should be not a new issue but happen with any Siduction install dating back over the years.

Offline Locutus

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2022/08/21, 23:52:58 »
OK I'll log back into Seduction and try that, but it still begs why?  I should already be a member of sudo.

Offline Locutus

• User
« Reply #8 on: 2022/08/25, 14:35:13 »

Looks like this addon install routine asks for root permissions via sudo. It even tells you where the problem is. So add your user to group "wheel" and try again,

As root:
# gpassd -a <your username> wheel
# exit

Logout and re-login.

Edit: this should be not a new issue but happen with any Siduction install dating back over the years.

This seems to be inherited from Debian itself. I decided to install Debian from the web installer and chose plasma as the desktop then switch to unstable once on the desktop and when I went to ad rootactions there got the same thing. It's ashame with as long as Debian has been around that they haven't addresses a issue like this.

Offline vinzv

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #9 on: 2022/08/25, 15:13:40 »
It's ashame with as long as Debian has been around that they haven't addresses a issue like this.

This is not an issue of Debian (or one of it's derivatives). Debian offers either to install with a classic root user ("su") or sudo.
Building an addon that uses kdesu (which is deprecated for years now) instead of a sane way like policykit does in fact point in another direction for the problem's root cause... ;-)

Heck, even rootaction addon's dev tells you there are issues. Plus the thing hasn't been updated for six years now.  ::)

Offline rueX

• User
« Reply #10 on: 2022/08/26, 00:09:51 »
@rolo48
...bis jetzt ist nur die 17.09.2021er cinnamon vorhanden - moin .)
ich find das mit kde iss besser - nimm das ! ...obwohl wir Hochsommer haben: wintersky .)
« Last Edit: 2022/08/26, 00:45:38 by rueX »

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #11 on: 2022/08/26, 11:37:25 »
Moin

Ist es möglich, auch ein Cinnamon Iso zu aktualisieren? Würde mir viel Download ersparen.  Danke schon mal

Sorry, wir haben Cinnamon auf Eis gelegt. Es ist niemand da, der es maintained. Du kannst es natürlich weiterhin in siduction installieren.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #12 on: 2022/08/26, 11:45:33 »
Major issue with the KDE version. I go to install rootactions in Dolphin and I get what you see in the video…

Besides the fact that this is neither Debians nor siductions fault but only the author of the extension (and you for not seeing that this has been dead for years), there is no extension needed, as my blog post explains.

https://linuxnews.de/2022/01/kde-dolphin-als-root-per-policykit/

Online cs

• User
GELÖST // Re: New Builds
« Reply #13 on: 2022/11/01, 10:23:53 »
Hallo zusammen,

meine Anfrage weiter unten hat sich erledigt: Hab das aktuelle Testbuild ohne Probleme installiert, alles läuft wunderbar!

Vielen Dank ans Team. :-)

==========================================

Hallo, ich würde gern die Box meines Sohnes neu aufsetzen und frage mich, ob ich ein Testbuild nehmen oder besser auf das neue Weihnachts-Release warten sollte. Was würdet ihr mir empfehlen? Allen einen schönen Feiertag!
cs
« Last Edit: 2022/11/01, 12:19:16 by cs »

Offline Taliesin

• User
« Reply #14 on: 2022/11/10, 23:41:02 »
Vielen Dank to Devil and the team.

Fortunate timing as I'll be rebuilding my system from scratch, (Hardware upgrades) in the next day or so.

Thus a fresh install will be required.

Sensational effort folks.