Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Error: can't find /fll/hdinstall/home in /etc/fstab  (Read 5950 times)

wolfgang

[EN] Error: can't find /fll/hdinstall/home in /etc/fstab
« on: 2012/06/30, 10:15:45 »
I'm installing siduction from usb-flash-drive my hp ProBook 4730s and get the following error:
    Protokoll

O: loading modules
    O: Initialisation done
    O: starting installation
    O: starting load_config
    O: load the configuration
    O: starting prepareHD
    O: prepare disk for the installation
    O: Mounting
    E: Mounting of /dev/sda7:/home failed. Some messages from mount: mount: can't find /fll/hdinstall/home in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
    O: siduction-installer ended abnormally

The image was copied via dd to the flash drive.

Thanks for help
Wolfgang[/code]

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Error: can
« Reply #1 on: 2012/06/30, 10:48:10 »
Does /dev/sda7 hold a linux compatible file-system? Which one?

greetz
devil

wolfgang

« Reply #2 on: 2012/06/30, 10:51:32 »
yes, ext4

wolfgang

« Reply #3 on: 2012/06/30, 11:10:24 »
Now, after reboot and installing again, it worked.

The only differece to the first try is, that the partition /dev/sda7 was already existing.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #4 on: 2012/06/30, 11:10:53 »
There should be a more meaningful log in /temp (of course only if you did not reboot)

greetz
devil

wolfgang

« Reply #5 on: 2012/06/30, 11:48:06 »
Sorry, I had already rebooted, when your answer came.
So I'm afraid, we can't find out what happened.

Just one more thing: After reboot the home partition was not mounted because of a missing entry in /etc/fstab. Now with modified /etc/fstab everything seems to work fine.

regards
Wolfgang

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #6 on: 2012/06/30, 11:49:45 »
Glad it worked now. We have not heard of such an issue, so it's a pity, we won't find out what was wrong.

greetz
devil

wolfgang

« Reply #7 on: 2012/06/30, 11:52:58 »
If it helps,
I can do the installation again

regards
Wolfgang

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #8 on: 2012/06/30, 11:57:31 »
nono, we will wait for the next occurance. If it's a bug, it'll show its ugly little head again.

greetz
devil

wolfgang

« Reply #9 on: 2012/06/30, 11:58:41 »
ok, thanks for your help

gardyloo

RE: Error: can
« Reply #10 on: 2012/09/26, 20:59:05 »
Confirmed here, with the same error messages. I'll refrain from rebooting (at least for a few hours) in case someone wants to tell me which /tmp file to include in a more comprehensive report.

I've tried going "back" in the installation sequence and *not* choosing to mount the /home partition automatically on boot, but that doesn't remove the error message.

gardyloo

Re: RE: Error: can
« Reply #11 on: 2012/09/26, 23:51:26 »
Quote from: "gardyloo"
Confirmed here, with the same error messages. I'll refrain from rebooting (at least for a few hours) in case someone wants to tell me which /tmp file to include in a more comprehensive report.

I've tried going "back" in the installation sequence and *not* choosing to mount the /home partition automatically on boot, but that doesn't remove the error message.

A small follow-up. Rebooting and trying a reinstall did nothing to help (of course!: fstab should be the same because I'm running from the live-cd). This time, however, going back and removing /home from being mounted automatically on boot, allowed the file-copying process to start, and the installation proceeds smoothly from then on (I saved the /tmp directory from the _first_ attempt if someone still wants that).