Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Appearance of siduction on Google Plus  (Read 3525 times)

Offline bluelupo

• User
    • BluelupoMe
[EN] Appearance of siduction on Google Plus
« on: 2013/03/29, 15:25:38 »
Hi all,
since Google Plus is an important communication platform, and increasingly we are also there as represented community, a stronger presence there never hurts. Currently we manage this in a very small group. The current colleagues are devil, dibl and I.

I would be glad if the so could engage one or the other of you are there and there would answer questions from users, as well as occasionally could post articles.

The number of community members is currently> 50 and has been there I regularly publish articles also grown slowly.

So happy to help anyone who wants, here to announce the forum.

Link to Google Plus appearance of siduction:
https://plus.google.com/communities/109928767528494964338?gpcaz%3Da8e63b45

timc

RE: Appearance of siduction on Google Plus
« Reply #1 on: 2013/03/29, 18:23:06 »
I am one of the group members and I frequently comment on and +1 the posts I see there. I also promote Siduction when I can in the Debian and Linux Advocates communities on Google Plus.

Thank you for your efforts there.

Tim

Offline bluelupo

• User
    • BluelupoMe
« Reply #2 on: 2013/03/29, 18:36:52 »
Hi timc,
you're already a member of the G+ siduction community and you know you already out there. Would you desire to write articles for the G+ community? Topics for articles for G+ community, there are many;-)

Target the Google Plus community is provide you with infomation about siduction (and other issues).

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2013/03/29, 19:28:12 »
EN:

My first thought when I read about this topic the first time:
does this really help or does it split up information (which unavoidably already is split in a bilingual forum)?
OTOH, it's ok to show how info about siduction can be spread outside siduction.org. And maybe Google+ turns out to be a successfull attempt which at first consists only in additional work. But I can't see the real benefit yet.
Anyways, let's say it'll be a success in the long run. In this case the first thing I would do is to put a link in the menue on the left (which BTW - and even if I get on your bad side again - isn't good; it is redundant, missing sensitive info, consists more of a mishmash then structure).
It's always about the right place for info. An appeal in two fora is well-meant, and in the wrong place. A *trivial* link in the menue would be the appropriate place (which would make an appeal unneeded. And btw. why "free speech" and not "ideas and improvement". But it is the wrong way anyways ;-) ).
Please be so kind, for your sake, and for mine too, and don't take my clearness for insistence on being right.

DE:

Mein erster gedanke als ich einst davon hörte war: besteht da nicht die gefahr, dass der informationsaustauch noch mehr zersplittert (als er es *notgedrungen* in einem zweisprachigen forum ohnehin tut).
Andererseits ist es natürlich richtig zu schauen, ob es nicht sinnvolle erweiterungen der informationskanäle gibt, und Google+ erweist sich vielleicht als sinnvoller versuch der zunächst jedoch einfach nur arbeit macht. Ich sehe den *wirklichen* gewinn (noch?) nicht.
Sei's drum, sagen wir, es wird sich lohnen. Dann wäre so ziehmlich das erste was ich tuen würde diesen zusätzlichen infokanal *für alle sichtbar* ins menü links mit aufzunehmen. Und auch wenn ich mich damit das nächste mal unbeliebt mache, das menü links ist in weiten teilen unsinnig (weil teils redundant, teils unvollständig, mehr sammelsurium als struktur). Nunja, es geht *immer auch* um den richtigen ort für eine information. Und der appel auf englisch und deutsch *im* forum ist der gut gemeinte, aber falsch gewählte ort! Der *banale* link im menü wäre der wesentlich sachgemäßere ort (auch weil kein appell notwendig wäre).
(Tut euch und auch mir den gefallen und regt euch nicht über meine *scheinbare* rechthaberei auf. Schiebt dies einfach mal testweise zur seite.)
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #4 on: 2013/03/29, 20:58:23 »
I think it is good to get the siduction name out in G+.  Although you could say "we are just Debian", the nice thing about Michael's articles are that it shows there are some very expert users involved with siduction -- that should make it more attractive to those who don't know anything about it.  If I can think of an interesting article to contribute, I will do it.  Plus I don't mind translating Michael's good work.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline bluelupo

• User
    • BluelupoMe
« Reply #5 on: 2013/03/30, 12:32:37 »
Hi michaa7,
du hast natürlich Recht das sich eine gewisse Zersplitterung der Community ergibt, aber ich denke der Nutzen von GooglePlus überwiegt die Nachteile. Ich denke die Schwelle des Erstkontaktes zu siduction wird deutlich gesenkt und erleichtert den interessierten GooglePlus-User den Einstieg bei siduction.

Man muß zuerst mal Arbeit investieren um die Community bei G+ mit Leben zu füllen, aber sie macht mir viel Spaß. Wir könnten natürlich noch Unterstützung gebrauchen, Dibl macht dankenswerter Weise auch schon mit.

Dein Vorschlag zur Verlinkung auf die GooglePlus Community hier im Forum finde ich gut. Ich spreche das Team im IRC darauf an.

Ich danke dir für dein ehrlich gemeintes Feedback.

---

English version (translated with Google)

Hi michaa7,
you're right, the result is a certain fragmentation of the community, but I think the benefits of Google Plus outweigh the disadvantages. I think the threshold of first contact is siduction to significantly reduce and facilitate the interested Google Plus users to get in with siduction.

One must first invest time to work with the community GooglePlus to breathe life, but they're a lot of fun. We could of course still need support, Dibl makes thankfully with already.

Your proposal for the link to the Google Plus community here in the forum I think is good. I'm talking about the team on IRC depends.

I thank you for your honest feedback intentioned.

Offline michaa7

• User
Re: RE: Appearance of siduction on Google Plus
« Reply #6 on: 2013/03/30, 20:39:42 »
Quote from: "bluelupo"
Hi michaa7,
du hast natürlich Recht das sich eine gewisse Zersplitterung der Community ergibt, aber ich denke der Nutzen von GooglePlus überwiegt die Nachteile.

Ich sehe die vorteile *deiner* bemühungen viel positiver und die strukturellen schwächen der gegenwärtigen siduction.org seite viel negativer als dies wohl in meinen post zum ausdruck kam. Meiner Ansicht nach bist du mit deinem bemühen dabei zu *beweisen* dass strukturelle massnahmen viel effektiver sind als groß angelegte all-in-one-but-never-coming lösungen: Wenn man deinen ansatz ernst nimmt und nur ein bischen weiterdenkt, dann müßte man:

- siduction Blog & News zugunsten von Google+ einstampfen
- sich überlegen die siduction mitgliedschaft auf OpenID (oder diaspora, wenn das ginge) umzustellen womit ein einloggen in Google+ und siduction.org mit einem login möglich wäre.

(und das wäre nur die [sichtbare] spitze des eisbergs)

Ich denke die Schwelle des Erstkontaktes zu siduction wird deutlich gesenkt und erleichtert den interessierten GooglePlus-User den Einstieg bei siduction.

Das schreit doch nach openID ???

Man muß zuerst mal Arbeit investieren um die Community bei G+ mit Leben zu füllen,
aber sie ist zunächt redundant!
Auch das schreit nach OpenID

Dein Vorschlag zur Verlinkung auf die GooglePlus Community hier im Forum finde ich gut.

naja, das wäre der minimale kleine schritt

---

English version (translated with Google)

Hi michaa7,
you're right, the result is a certain fragmentation of the community, but I think the benefits of Google Plus outweigh the disadvantages.

I see your efforts very positive and as a way to overcome some structural shortcommings the siduction.org website has. As I see it your are going to *prove* that structural changes are more effective then all-in-one-but-never-coming big-changes.
Taking your word seriously and adding only a little bit of foresight this should result in:

- deleting siduction Blog & News in favor of Google+ and linking to it in an appropriate way in the menue!
- to figure out a way to change siduction.org login with OpenID ( or something similar, may be diaspora) which should not only enable a seamless login to both. It is, as I see it, a logical community choice which should have been made years ago.

(and that' only the tip of the iceberg)

I think the threshold of first contact is siduction to significantly reduce and facilitate the interested Google Plus users to get in with siduction.

One must first invest time to work with the community GooglePlus to breathe life,

do you see how it screams OpenID???

Your proposal for the link to the Google Plus community here in the forum I think is good. I'm talking about the team on IRC depends.

this alone would be a little step, at least in the right direction ;-)

I thank you for your honest feedback intentioned.

your wellcome!
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake