Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  udev failed to execute ...  (Read 6730 times)

qwerthi

udev failed to execute ...
« on: 2013/10/21, 10:44:37 »
Hallo zusammen,

nach du gestern tauchen beim booten Meldungen auf:

Code: [Select]
udevd[845]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/socket:@/org/freedesktop/hal/udev_event' 'socket:@/org/freedesktop/hal/udev_event': No such file or directory

Pc bootet aber normal weiter und arbeitet scheinbar ohne
Funktionseinschränkung.

inxi:

System:    Host: siductionbox Kernel: 3.11-6.towo-siduction-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.8.2)
           Desktop: KDE 4.11.2 (Qt 4.8.6) Distro: siduction 11.1 One Step Beyond - kde - (201112302141)
Machine:   Mobo: ASUSTeK model: P8Z68-V LE version: Rev X.0x serial: MT7018K01502893
           Bios: American Megatrends version: 4002 date: 12/14/2012
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i5-2500K CPU (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 26487.5
           Clock Speeds: 1: 3597.00 MHz 2: 3696.00 MHz 3: 4158.00 MHz 4: 2244.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA G92 [GeForce GTS 250] bus-ID: 01:00.0
           X.org: 1.14.3 driver: nvidia tty size: 112x42 Advanced Data: N/A for root

# apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-video-nvidia
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia:
  Installiert:           325.15-2.siduction.1
  Installationskandidat: 325.15-2.siduction.1

Gruß, qwerthi.

DeKa

« Reply #1 on: 2013/10/21, 12:09:25 »
Hi @qwerthi, deine udevd-Meldungen beziehen sich doch alle auf hal, das nicht mehr gepflegt wird und daher wohl auch bei dir nicht mehr benötigt wird.
Bei mir waren es ca. 100 Meldungen beim Systemstart und alle von hal, dies ist ein bug der bei Debian schon gemeldet ist, Hilfe hierbei schafft eine Deinstallation von hal, eventuell auch noch mit purge Reste entfernen, Abhilfe.

qwerthi

« Reply #2 on: 2013/10/21, 16:35:32 »
Hi DeKa,

vielen Dank für den Hinweis.
Purgen von hal brachte die Lösung.

qwerthi

thunderrd

« Reply #3 on: 2013/10/21, 16:48:40 »
Am I understanding correctly that

apt-get remove --purge hal

removes these messages?

qwerthi

« Reply #4 on: 2013/10/21, 19:51:54 »
YES!

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2013/10/21, 20:20:57 »
apt-get remove --purge hal -sdoes not show any other package then hal to be removed.

But can I be sure there is none needing it? k3b?
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #6 on: 2013/10/21, 20:36:06 »
Quote from: "michaa7"
apt-get remove --purge hal -sdoes not show any other package then hal to be removed.

But can I be sure there is none needing it? k3b?

You cannot be sure! E.g. I like to use the free internet TV of voxnow.de - and alas their DRM system "Flash Access" needs hal to be installed on the customer's linux system!! I've had some debates with the voxnow support about hal being obsolete in modern linux systems but if I want to watch the streams there must be hal on my system, even if no other package references it...
Susan | Hardware: SysProfile
Music-Profile: http://www.last.fm/de/user/spacepengu

Offline agaida

• User
    • http://g-com.eu
« Reply #7 on: 2013/10/22, 23:24:25 »
no package in siduction depend on hal, third pary tools can still use it - michaa7, give it a try - btw - no flavour of siduction contain hal for ages.

if hal is installed, one can test if hal is really needed with:

aptitide why hal
There's this special biologist word we use for "stable". It's "dead". ~ Jack Cohen

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #8 on: 2013/10/23, 12:55:01 »
Is there some apt aquivalent to "aptitude why hal" (I guess you wanted to write that ;), agaida)?

But without having tested that command as I don't want to install aptitude, I am quite sure it does only reveal dependencies to installed packages. Would it reveal that some sites require it for Flash-DRM checks?

Offline agaida

• User
« Reply #9 on: 2013/10/23, 13:26:01 »
i don't know any apt replacement for that
There's this special biologist word we use for "stable". It's "dead". ~ Jack Cohen

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #10 on: 2013/10/23, 13:54:00 »
@agaida

Thanks for that hint. I still wonder if it relies on propper Debian package building (The output of the command suggest that it is depending on what a packer/maintainer not forgetts to add).
So I'd suggest to use it with some caution as it won't analyse the whole bunch of syscalls or whatever it needed to be sure.

@ SP
I don't remember it was me who installed aptitude, but it's there. I'm too lasy to check the respective manifest, but maybe it's installed on your system, too. Anyway, that's the output here:

# aptitude why hal
i   flashplugin-nonfree Schlägt vor hal

In this case it seems aptitude makes a find only within the "suggests" section of the description of one package, and finds nothing that really "depends" on hal (in the sense of 'package only working if it is installed'). And from what one can get from googeling and Debian bug reports, it seems really only flash in combination with tv is affected, as you already noticed.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

farinet

« Reply #11 on: 2013/10/23, 13:58:34 »
@agaida: Wow, thanks for the aptitude tip. Where do you dig out all that knowledge??? :shock:

@michaa7: Same here. I'll go to purge hal though . . .

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #12 on: 2013/10/23, 14:03:24 »
Quote from: "farinet"
@agaida: Wow, thanks for the aptitude tip. Where do you dig out all that knowledge???  

working with? Reading "man aptitude"?

And yes, I need such hints, too, because I'm not reading man pages except I have a *particular* reason to do so.

Offline agaida

• User
« Reply #13 on: 2013/10/23, 15:53:13 »
@farinet: michaa7 is right, working with, the need to solve situations where apt-get not fits for. But keep in mind that aptitude can be a beast sometimes, when one use it with sid. Thats why we recommend the usage of apt-get.

The resolver in aptitude is really cool and much more sophisticated in relation to the solver in apt-get. In most of the cases is the aptitude resolver simply to clever for a fast moving target like sid. So be very careful with it or better don't use it when it is not needed.

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #14 on: 2013/10/23, 18:47:05 »
@michaa7: Thanks for the output of the aptitude command. As aptitude is not installed on my system I guess you have installed it in some "inspired" minute ;).