Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Mate  (Read 5081 times)

Dolan

[EN] Mate
« on: 2013/03/06, 09:20:20 »
Morning,

I think it would be a nice idea to add MATE DE (http://mate-desktop.org) to Siduction there is a lot of choice but I would like MATE to be added if possible. I'm more of the 'traditional' computer user and not really interested in windows flying all over the screen as they open.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
-Dolan.

Offline agaida

• User
    • http://g-com.eu
Mate
« Reply #1 on: 2013/03/06, 14:03:51 »
We wouldn'd do a official mate-release, as long mate is not part of debian. In the case mate hits debians repos we had to thought about it again. But i think we don't like dead software. (Its the same as with Trinity)

If you like mate and you install it, its ok for us, but we can't help with mate problems. We don't support mate.
There's this special biologist word we use for "stable". It's "dead". ~ Jack Cohen

Dolan

RE: Mate
« Reply #2 on: 2013/03/06, 18:21:59 »
I understand as I said just a suggestion. They (Debian) will probably start supporting it once they get gtk3 going on it.

-Dolan

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
Mate
« Reply #3 on: 2013/03/06, 18:36:06 »
I understand as I said just a suggestion. They (Debian) will probably start supporting it once they get gtk3 going on it.

This will nevrer happen, since for gtk3 there is cinnamon, which is in debian.
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Dolan

Mate
« Reply #4 on: 2013/03/06, 19:47:33 »
There's also Unity and Gnome 3. So why not throw them down the shitty and leave Cinnamon in there? They add them for user preference not which one gives off the most faggish looks and slowest load times.

Offline convbsd

• User
Re: Mate
« Reply #5 on: 2014/08/17, 13:18:50 »
Hi,
Now Mate is in debian.
Anyone interested for a siduction Mate?
Thank you.

« Last Edit: 2014/08/18, 21:22:46 by convbsd »