Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] 32 bit paintitblack?  (Read 19363 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
[EN] 32 bit paintitblack?
« on: 2014/07/20, 15:01:43 »
I absolutely have no clue how much work it would be to fire up your build machinery and configure it appropriately for a 32 bit paintitblack.iso, but I'd like the idea of a not so outdated iso for my architekture ...
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: 32 bit paintitblack?
« Reply #1 on: 2014/07/20, 15:51:09 »
You can make one yourself

git clone git://git.siduction.org/.../pyfll.git
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2014/07/20, 16:44:46 »
seriously? No need to dive into the abyss of whateverconfig or scripting?

Simply execute command and wait some hours (here on my sempron  lowend machinery)?
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2014/07/20, 16:52:52 »
Quote from: michaa7

Simply execute command and wait some hours (here on my sempron  lowend machinery)?

seriously ! so basically you want someone else to do it for you (waiting hours), I don't even own a 32 bit machine, the best I can do is to make a 32/64 bit iso, so then you have a choice, again, It would  take time to build it.

Back in time before I had a 64bit, I use to take the time to build on my 32 bit machine, it's not as bad as you are making it out to be, and in the process you get to learn a little/lot.

It's a good feeling installing something you built, whether it is stock or customized to your liking  :)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2014/07/20, 17:14:58 »
Quote from: michaa7

seriously ! so basically you want someone else to do it for you (waiting hours),...

No, that was not my intention, and yeah, I would learn a lot. I think I'll give it a try. But one last question: How much space do I need for git data and iso all together approximately. I assume I'd do it as normal user in my home? And re time, how many hours should I expect to wait (sempron 2900, 1 GB RAM) 2h? 5h? 10h? overnight?

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #5 on: 2014/07/20, 17:37:09 »
There is no need to do that on a 32bit machine. A 32bit iso can be build on a 64bit machine.
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2014/07/20, 18:09:28 »
Thanks towo.

That is very usefull info as this means I could use my laptop (much more RAM and CPU power). But the HD-space is limited. So how much disk space should I reserve for git plus ISO?
And I certainly would need to read at least how to configure the built of a 32 bit ISO on a 64 bit computer. What do I first need to read?

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2014/07/20, 18:18:42 »
3-5 gigs should be plenty for 1 iso & git  (stock)

git folder (pyfll)  = 2.0 MiB  (272 files, 32 sub-folders)

Even my custom is only 3.4 gigs

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #8 on: 2014/07/20, 18:19:16 »
And I certainly would need to read at least how to configure the built of a 32 bit ISO on a 64 bit computer. What do I first need to read?
You should first have a look in fll.conf, then it should be clear.

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #9 on: 2014/07/20, 18:32:09 »
thanks to both of you, I'll give it a try soon.

Online ReinerS

• User
« Reply #10 on: 2014/07/20, 20:09:22 »
Hmm, I got problems trying that:
Code: [Select]
root@HP615RS:/usr/src# git clone git://git.siduction.org/.../pyfll.git
Klone nach 'pyfll'...
fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported: /.../pyfll.git

Any idea what I did wrong ?

regards

Reiner
slackware => SuSE => kanotix => sidux => aptosid  => siduction

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #11 on: 2014/07/20, 20:12:52 »
1. Never checkout sourcecode as root!
2. git clone git://git.siduction.org/code/pyfll.git

Online ReinerS

• User
« Reply #12 on: 2014/07/20, 20:25:49 »
@towo: Ok, thank you for the info.

regards

Reiner
slackware => SuSE => kanotix => sidux => aptosid  => siduction

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #13 on: 2014/07/22, 22:38:58 »
I now installed git on my laptop and will checkout soon.

should I install one/some/all of the suggested files? If so, possibly provide why I should do so.

git-daemon-run git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-email git-gui gitk gitweb git-arch git-cvs git-mediawiki git-svn

Up to now I have installed git without any suggested or recommended package.

???

I have created a new partition labeled "git" which I mount with defaults into /home/<user>/git

I assume I go to this directory when I checkout and execute the command which you posted above. Or is it advisable to do it somehow differently?

Some more questions:
Is
http://wiki.siduction.de/index.php?title=Erstellen_eines_siduction-%C3%A4hnlichen_ISO
still valid?

What happens in build_dir = /media/fll/build_dir/ ?
The wiki says I don't need pbuilder, but if I use it, how do I have to configure build_dir ? And is the build process aware of my local /var/cache/apt/archives ? I don't want to redownload all those packages again.

What does fll and pyfll mean? Over the years I saw these expressions again and agian without having a clue what they mean. What those letters stand for? Could someone enlighten me?

It is not that simple to understand what to do, but step by step I think I understand what I have to configure, but it's not always obvious.

Thanks so far, infos to my questions would be very appreciated.

n8

« Last Edit: 2014/07/23, 02:37:31 by michaa7 »

VladimirVilimaitis

« Reply #14 on: 2014/07/24, 00:54:14 »
I wonder what prevents developers from releasing x86 binaries? Considering that it will be, as some have said earlier in this thread "only a couple of hours of waiting" it seems to be a huge downside to have support for all but one of their x86 images only due to the lack of the last needed step.
This dissapoints me, as I have specifically looked for a distribution that supports LxQt natively and I almost found it in Siduction, yet still I am limited by my hardware.