Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  REALLY THE LAST POST IN ZIKULA  (Read 25293 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: REALLY THE LAST POST IN ZIKULA
« Reply #45 on: 2013/10/31, 14:25:49 »
Yup, I had -10 in there, that would mean, the server would be in California, which it is not. Setting that to 0 worked for me.

greetz
devil

Offline harley-peter

• User
« Reply #46 on: 2013/10/31, 16:42:15 »
Yes, I had -11 - automatically adjusted! Setting to 0 solve the problem. Thanks!

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #47 on: 2013/11/01, 00:09:20 »
Just an FYI.  I had to reset the default language in my profile today.  It somehow reverted itself back to German. 
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #48 on: 2013/11/01, 01:48:30 »
@all:
* language behaviour  - it was a false write to the user - should be solved now. Please clear your browser cache and test again.
* time zones: The server settings are at 0 (Europe/Berlin) - unfortunally i have no chance to reset this for all users. One should do this manually.
* opera bug - solved, eventually not perfect, but nearly :)
* be careful with your browser identifications - set the browser identification to opera lead to errors (if not opera), also netscape 3.0 is not recommended - there are really dirty hacks deep inside of smf for these browsers

« Last Edit: 2013/11/01, 01:57:47 by melmarker »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #49 on: 2013/11/01, 11:01:02 »
I like the new forum, but I wished it has less clutter:

1. Newbie, Hero - I hate this. You can look at the amount of written articles
Why is the number of articles, which define the status not near the status.
2. Wouldn't it be clear to ever just put a long date-time iso string as a boundary before the article:
--- 2013-11-01 09:20 Today #22 ---
At the moment now it looks like a little chat preceeding every article.
3. As color blind I wished the name not red and slightly is bigger
4. What are the not formated colored cubes before a picture about?
5. Do we need "changed" every time, even before another guy answered?
« Last Edit: 2013/11/01, 11:13:28 by ralul »
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #50 on: 2013/11/01, 11:41:29 »
To answer 4.: The cubes indicate, if white, user is offline, when green, online.
 I can agree with your point 1. as well, as I would prefer the number of posts to be a bit more prominent to indicate a skill and knowledge level of the poster as reference forhis  reliability.

greetz
devil

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #51 on: 2013/11/01, 14:17:52 »
First of all: Thanks! I did neither expect an Opera hack nor it happen this quickly.

@all:

* language behaviour  - it was a false write to the user - should be solved now. Please clear your browser cache and test again.
fine here now

* time zones: The server settings are at 0 (Europe/Berlin) - unfortunally i have no chance to reset this for all users. One should do this manually.
I don't know where I see actual time
* opera bug - solved, eventually not perfect, but nearly :)
big step, very appreciated
* be careful with your browser identifications - set the browser identification to opera lead to errors (if not opera), also netscape 3.0 is not recommended - there are really dirty hacks deep inside of smf for these browsers
I didn't know there are people which burden themselfes by stating to use Opera although they don't ;-)
Still some critics:
I still have huge problems using the editor (where you write posts). I'll investigate whether or not this is an Opera problem or really the editor. 
- The way it handles new lines/paragraphs is confusing if not patronising. Above all it seems unpredictable (well, maybe it is predictable, but you don't get what you see in the editor (new lines/paragraphs). It is APITA if you try to edit with some sense for readability.
- If I try to mark some text in the editor it marks whole lines and more. The strange thing is I can mark some letters/words/lines in one paragraph but have no chance to do so in others. Again, I'll try this with FF to see it is or is not related to Opera. (EDIT_1://it seems it's related to Opera. in FF I am able to mark all the text I want.)
And generally:
Adding some thought to what devil wrote about posting numbers. This concers every forum software i ever came across:
Being Member, Administrator or Moderator is secondary or tertiary info. Display it very decent. The same goes for colored squares indicating your hero or what ever status. If I had the say I would make thos symbols smaller and not colored.
From a visual point of view the same goes for the flags, which due to their color distract from what's really is important on a forum. In addition you will find quite many webmasters and users who completly disaggree with using flags to indicate a language. It is disrespective to may users. So using the common two letter abreviations (which in fact do represent a language although thy can represent a country, too) would kill two birds with one stone ;-)
Could you please pin down the scrolling letter in the editor?
This all is meant as a feedback for your new cms (if I understand it correctly). It comes from a user who generally does not agree with colorfull layouts which provide more noise than really helpfull info.

Thanks.

PS:
Is there someone except me and the forum admin/moderator who can see my IP (displayed in the below right corner of my message)?
« Last Edit: 2013/11/01, 15:48:50 by michaa7 »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #52 on: 2013/11/01, 15:44:02 »
As you can see in the screenshot that I took as user, no, other users cannot see it.

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #53 on: 2013/11/01, 15:49:32 »
As you can see in the screenshot that I took as user, no, other users cannot see it.
Thanks devil!
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #54 on: 2013/11/01, 16:18:39 »

Heh -- "hate" is too strong for me, but I'm not crazy about it, either.  Agaida is a hero, IMO, but there aren't that many and I sure as hell am not one.  I'm happy to be a "member".   ;)

A lot of this (and what michaa7 has written) is really just human reaction to something changed.  There's a very funny little book here in the US, the title is "Who moved my cheese?" -- it is about this kind of reaction when something we are accustomed to is changed.

Agaida and the team have done some heavy lifting to get this new forum software up and running, I appreciate what you have done for the siduction user community.  I think we can get used to the differences in the appearance thingys.  I reset my language to English yesterday and it is working correctly now, and I set the time adjustment to -5 and that is correct now.  I seem to be able to do what I need to do, and in fact some things that I could never do with the Zikula forum, so color me happy and appreciative.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

timc

« Reply #55 on: 2013/11/01, 16:29:39 »
Language and time seem to be working correctly for me too, now. Thanks!

Tim

Offline bluelupo

• User
    • BluelupoMe
« Reply #56 on: 2013/11/01, 17:13:24 »
Läuft alles bestens hier, die neue Optik und die Funktionalität von SMF finde ich persönlich sehr gut.

---EN---

If all goes well here, the new look and functionality of SMF, I personally find very good.

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #57 on: 2013/11/01, 17:38:10 »
Heh -- "hate" is too strong for me, but I'm not crazy about it, either.  Agaida is a hero, IMO, but there aren't that many and I sure as hell am not one.  I'm happy to be a "member".   ;)
Nothing against Agaida, he should be called developer. And I like You to be a moderator. But I hate to be a "Hero". I want to be a normal user, which I am ...

And - now knowing from devils explanation - I hate to be seen ONLINE. I - for a reason - use this forum as an offline technique communication.
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Offline hschn

• User
« Reply #58 on: 2013/11/01, 18:14:42 »
Hallo,

ich habe erst etwas abgewartet, bisher keine Probleme.

Vor allen Dingen, nach dem 1. Schock habe ich mich schnell eingewöhnt und bin sehr zufrieden. Schaut toll aus.
Gratulation an die Verantwortlichen und vielen Dank.

Grüße
hschn
Mögen hätt' ich schon wollen, aber dürfen habe ich mich nicht getraut (Karl Valentin)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #59 on: 2013/11/01, 21:33:58 »
Some more changes:
  • Custom Titles
    Switching Custom Titles on will allow members with the relevant permission to create a special title for themselves. This will be shown underneath the name.
  • Allow non-administrators to hide their online status
    With this option enabled all members will be able to hide their online status from other users (except administrators). If disabled only users who can moderate the forum can hide their presence. Note that disabling this option will not change any existing member's status - it just stops them from hiding themselves in the future.
  • Allow members to select their own themes.
  • Thank-o-Matic activated
  • New language buttons without flags
  • post-based groups removed

EDIT:
* dont display post-based groups
* dont display stars
* postcount bold
« Last Edit: 2013/11/01, 22:48:33 by melmarker »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)