Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] KDE frameworks (kind of KDE 5) packaging started  (Read 18486 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
[EN] Re: KDE frameworks (kind of KDE 5) packaging started
« Reply #15 on: 2014/10/24, 18:20:09 »
As far as I can tell from the KDE 5 VM that I made a couple months ago on siduction December nox, the KDE 5 packages are not presently installable.  (The VM broke some weeks ago and presently won't log the user in.) The kde-full package fails due to plasma-full not being installable, and other dependency problems.  So, I don't think the KDE 5 system presently in the kdeframeworks-exp repo is actually installable at this time.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

filhocf

Re: KDE frameworks (kind of KDE 5) packaging started
« Reply #16 on: 2014/10/24, 18:42:24 »
Thank you by your reply, Dibl.

Is true the dependences problem, basicly about packages qtbase-abi-5-3-1 and qtdeclarative-abi-5-3-0. What i did was use 'equivs' to build this two fake pcks and install the plasma-dekstop.

Explain what i did:
# apt-get install equivs
# equivs-control qtbase-abi-5-3-1
# equivs-build qtbase-abi-5-3-1
# equivs-control qtdeclarative-abi-5-3-0
# equivs-build qtdeclarative-abi-5-3-0
# dpkg -i qtdeclarative-abi-5-3-0_1.0.0.deb qtdeclarative-abi-5-3-0_1.0.0.deb
# aptitude install plasma-desktop=4:5.0.1-siduction1.1

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #17 on: 2014/10/24, 21:41:54 »
I never knew anything about equivs -- you are way over my head with that process.  For fun, I installed equivs and tried your commands on my VM, and crashed and burned with the "equivs-build qtbase-abi-5-3-1".  From the error messages, there are obviously a few more things to know about when using equivs.  But it looks interesting.

EDIT:  OK, read about editing the config file to show the package name, and then it works as you said.  I installed both the plasma-desktop and the kde-full packages, and lightdm now logs me in as expected/hoped for.  Probably not the most rugged KDE system on earth, but not bad for playing around and doing experiments.

Thanks filhocf!
« Last Edit: 2014/10/24, 22:02:52 by dibl »
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Santa

« Reply #18 on: 2014/10/27, 13:54:09 »

Humm... taking a look in the repository, i saw that the kdeframework-exp[1] is the repository updated in 16/sep, but i'm not sure if is the best place to use.

Maybe someone from siduction can help in this questions. Someone?

[1]http://packages.siduction.org/kdenext/dists/kde-frameworks-exp/main/binary-amd64/

You should not use that repository under any circumstance, also any kind of problem reporting using packages from there is invalid and going to be ignored.

[snip]
Is true the dependences problem, basicly about packages qtbase-abi-5-3-1 and qtdeclarative-abi-5-3-0. What i did was use 'equivs' to build this two fake pcks and install the plasma-dekstop.

Explain what i did:
[snip]

No hard feelings, but...

... if some packages depend on qtbase-abi-5-3-1, they depend on that package for a reason. Fooling apt like that is like putting a sticker in a "low fuel" indicator in order to "fix the problem".

What you have posted is a good recipe to break your system, may lead to random crashes - so I might waste my time investigating fake problems - and therefore I would appreciate if you don't mislead other users into thinking that that's a solution to the problem.

The real solution is fixing the packages, in this case it will mean a rebuild of the affected packages, probably I will fix this as soon as I have time to update the kde frameworks packages to their latest released versions.

filhocf

« Reply #19 on: 2014/10/28, 00:49:55 »
Hi Santa

Really i'm sorry if i gave a mistake idea of "recipe". I'm only a curious user that try to probe new things, mainly in KDE, but with one of foot inside of Debian. I tried to install and understand your work without worry to you or any other from siduction team. I use Siduction sinse i discovered the kdenext and loved your work as a pure blend from Debian, including your distribution in my infographic[1] thanks my consideration by your distro.
[1]http://cfnarede.com.br/infographic-of-debian

Anyway, my sincere apologies for you, the team and the users/readers.

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #20 on: 2014/10/28, 02:47:53 »
I very much like your infographic of Debian.  I especially like the high resolution that allows one to zoom in.  Thank you for including the link.

BTW - Many of us are used to experimentation, and, we know the consequences of doing things without asking questions first.  Welcome to the forum.  I guess now you're "one of us".  Heh.
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline Mte90

• User
  • KDE & Debian lover
    • http://www.mte90.net
« Reply #21 on: 2014/12/10, 13:26:40 »
any news about this release?
is usable?

Offline Mte90

• User
  • KDE & Debian lover