Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  xorg-iso/addpkg kde  (Read 7234 times)

Offline ayla

• User
xorg-iso/addpkg kde
« on: 2015/01/17, 03:46:40 »
Hi,

playing tonight with an installation of xorg.iso.

Just to mention: Trouble again with my de keyboard layout -logitech relatet as I had seen some month before- but this did not happen when I installed the KDE.iso of the last release.

Used addpkg kde. Working fine but I had to install additional packages to get rid of some ugly red fields with white x's in the controll bar and the system part of the control bar.

Packages I additionally  installed: kde-workspace to get the system part fixed, dolphin and konsole.

I would suggest to add these packages to the script.

greets
ayla

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: xorg-iso/addpkg kde
« Reply #1 on: 2015/01/17, 05:32:20 »
nope - we don't will do this - the script should read the original pyfll file lists. apt must resolve all things - if not we should fix the script (and i think we will, as it is in a very early state)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2015/01/17, 05:50:00 »
ok,  I thought it would be a list for its own.

If I understand "original pyfll file list" right, this is the list which is used for the original kde.iso also?

So I wonder why apt does not install this three packages also.

I'm looking on addpkg script at the moment and try to understand what is happening there, but that may take a longer while, if ever :)

greets
ayla

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2015/01/17, 16:56:30 »
ayla: thats the plan - addpkg should act like pyfll on a installed system. We will see what happend, ~ENOTIME to debug it rigth now.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)