Siduction Forum > Hardware - Support

[EN] With Kernel 5.4 hdmi sounds no available

(1/4) > >>

Mte90:
I have this problems since few months and after a lot of testing, purge pulseaudio and so on I finished the idea for other debugging.So looking on reddit I found this https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=942803 and I was thinking, ehi I update always the kernel and maybe the problem is that because I didn't changed anything else.
So I installed linux-headers-5.3.14-towo.1-siduction-amd64 and now the audio on hdmi is back again.I just wanted to share here in case there is someone else with the issue and to report it.
PS: I was using the latest 5.4.11 kernel version.

axt:
Issues with pulseaudo I believe you.

Installing header files of a kernel, using a different kernel version, is definitely not the solution. Probably you have unknowingly changed something else at the same time.

dibl:
Pulseaudo on plasma desktop is working well here:

--- Code: ---System:    Host: dibl-HP350 Kernel: 5.4.12-towo.2-siduction-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64
           Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.14.5 Distro: siduction 18.3.0 Patience - kde - (201805132121)
Audio:     Device-1: Intel Haswell-ULT HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
           Device-2: Intel 8 Series HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.12-towo.2-siduction-amd64
don@dibl-HP350:~$ sudo apt policy pulseaudio
pulseaudio:
  Installed: 13.0-3
  Candidate: 13.0-3
  Version table:
 *** 13.0-3 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
--- End code ---

Mte90:
Just to add more information:
* Pulseaudio detect the HDMI output
* Purged pulseaudio, removed and reinstalled, removed the folder in config, restarted pulseaudio also with log, I don't have any asound.rc (all of them multiple times)
* In some cases the audio was available only selecting HDMI surround option but there was a delay with the video
* In pavucontrol the audio on HDMI was available (the bar was moving) with no audio on the TV
* Tried with different TVs without successI tried installing that kernel without changing anything on pulseaudio, restart and now the audio was working.I have a Intel Haswell for HDMI on a laptop with 2 video cards and one is a Nvidia card.
My test with another kernel was the unique option that I didn't try, it is the first time that I did it.
Everything was updated to the latest version.

Mte90:
I can confirm also with the latest kernel in siduction still have that problem.There is anything that I can do to help in debugging?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version