Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [closed] Large GCC-5 TRANSITION, Heavy DIST-UPGRADE pending  (Read 81047 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Santa: Some people (piper in this case) have a different view to KDE than you - that doesn't mean that your'e allowed to call them morons. Please stop that now and for ever.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Santa

Santa: Some people (piper in this case) have a different view to KDE than you - that doesn't mean that your'e allowed to call them morons. Please stop that now and for ever.

If some people - who never worked on KDE packaging - have a different view I understand that it's perfectly fine. I also understand t's also perfectly fine to point out that some advices coming from them are bad, without insulting anyone.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Quote from: Santa
Quote from: melmarker on Today at 03:04:52 AMSanta: Some people (piper in this case) have a different view to KDE than you - that doesn't mean that your'e allowed to call them morons. Please stop that now and for ever.

If some people - who never worked on KDE packaging - have a different view I understand that it's perfectly fine. I also understand t's also perfectly fine to point out that some advices coming from them are bad, without insulting anyone.

The only person here giving bad advise here is you

Quote from: "Santa"
Code: [Select]
Thanks for showing the true face of some people in siduction who aren't really qualified to give advices about KDE.
You really want me to go here  ....

If you know so much about packaging and KDE, why did every distro you were involved with dump you, this is including debian itself, god-like attitude maybe ... my way or the highway attitude .. maybe,   should I go on ? ...

You really don't want me to go on ....

Your god like attitude is catching up here also

Yes, I can use my system (I'm writing using it), your advice of removing kdenext is bad/misleading and the fact that """"I worked packaging KDE for various distributions in the latest few years""" is quite helpful to see it.
And what happened ? again, you don't want me to go there in public.

No. http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5719.msg46909#msg46909
And it was a direct reply to you, another isssue is if you want to listen or not.

Regarding KDE, it's not safe to dist-upgrade yet.

Which is utter BULLSHIT

You are banned from everything debian pretty much and that includes irc, you have no-one to blame but yourself ..

If, you were allowed on irc, you would see that this "Regarding KDE, it's not safe to dist-upgrade yet[[/code] is pure horseshit at its purist.

No. As I said above I was very clear in the first post that the issue with GCC 5 was being worked on, also you can see here a fair number of commits done during all august and part of them during september:
https://gitlab.com/groups/siduction-tools
And this is not the only git repositories I have for siduction.
Another different issue is your ignorance about it.

Well, Duke Nukem was being worked on also

Quote from: "melmarker"

thats ok, it's just words, it gives him a hard-on with the superior attitude

Santa, when your project is finished (working) you can post it

Don't butt in on anyone who don't have the same beliefs as you, there are thousands of people that are enjoying debian sid kde (kdf) without kde-next

I build siduction stock, my own gaming, mythtv versions of siduction and quite a few android roms, I feel I know about 1% of anything, yet, I get by.

You really don't want to get in a pissing match with me, if you do, game on, lets have some fun ....
« Last Edit: 2015/09/18, 11:47:05 by piper »
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Nothing will come of that, so lets stop it here. Thanks :)

greetz
devil

Offline horo

• User
Thx devil,

Maybe it's time to split this pinned thread into one "DO NOTHING UNTIL SANTA TELLS US" for the belt-and-suspender-kdenext-follower and another "HOW TO SURVIVE A DU AND HAVE FUN WITH SID" for the more adventurous hacker.

My 2ct.

Ciao, Martin

P.S. to the _whole_ siduction team: Please remember the lessons learned from kanotix and sidux!
omnia vincit pecunia :(

Santa

You really want me to go here  ....

If you know so much about packaging and KDE, why did every distro you were involved with dump you, this is including debian itself, god-like attitude maybe ... my way or the highway attitude .. maybe,   should I go on ? ...

I will reply you with other question: if debian's people were so right banning me: how it's possible they broke the Plasma 5 upgrade, even while it was perfectly avoidable?

What is catching up here is the same problem than debian and solydk have: being ruled by people who don't do the work but think they know bettter than those who do the work. By the way the very same people that expelled me from debian managed to broke kde - even while they already had the 90% of the work already done in kubuntu (that deserves like some kind of medal). Please see again the corresponding thread:
http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5644.0

And what happened ? again, you don't want me to go there in public.

I don't have any problem in talking about my expelling of debian or solydk or my current work on siduction and kubuntu, so I see no point in threatening me about discussing it publicly (I already mentioned it briefly in this forum in other thread).

And by the way I wasn't the only one here banned by debian's people. And I think that's a shame for debian's people and not for the person banned.

Regarding KDE, it's not safe to dist-upgrade yet.

Which is utter BULLSHIT

You are banned from everything debian pretty much and that includes irc, you have no-one to blame but yourself ..

If, you were allowed on irc, you would see that this "Regarding KDE, it's not safe to dist-upgrade yet" is pure horseshit at its purist.

I don't need to be allowed on irc to know that kind of things.
« Last Edit: 2015/09/18, 13:24:11 by Santa »

Offline drb

• User
Thanks for your help getting through kde5. I'm looking forward to you getting us through the current mess. I'm using a fully working non-dued kde install . . . and I need gimp in particular before I risk allowing over-written libs to go.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
. . . and I need gimp in particular before I risk allowing over-written libs to go.

root@Hibiscus:/# apt-cache policy gimp
gimp:
  Installed: 2.8.14-1+b1
  Candidate: 2.8.14-1+b1
  Version table:
 *** 2.8.14-1+b1 0
        500 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.8.10-0.siduction.1 0
        500 http://packages.siduction.org/extra/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
root@Hibiscus:/# apt-cache policy kde-plasma-desktop
kde-plasma-desktop:
  Installed: 5:90
  Candidate: 5:90
  Version table:
 *** 5:90 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
This bug still exists, by the way.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline drb

• User
@dibl
This is what my du -dV. gimp being removed and, as of today, libreoffice would also go. Does gimp reinstall after a du?

The following packages will be REMOVED:                                                                                                                                                       
   aptitude (0.7.1-1)                                                                                                                                                                         
   baloo-utils (4.14.3-siduction1)
   coinor-libcoinutils3 (2.9.15-3)
   coinor-libosi1 (0.106.9-1)
   digikam (4.10.0-0u1+siduction1.3)
   digikam-private-libs (4.4.0-1.1+fix4.2)
   dolphin (15.04.3-siduction1)
   gimp (2.8.14-1+b1)
   gimp-ufraw (0.20-3+b1)
   kde-baseapps (15.04.3-siduction1)
   kde-full (90)
   kde-plasma-desktop (90)
   kde-plasma-netbook (88+mod90.11)
   kde-standard (90)
   kde-workspace (5.3.2-siduction1)
   kde-workspace-bin (5.3.2-siduction1)
   kde-workspace-data (5.3.2-siduction1)
   kdebase-workspace-bin (4.11.22-3)
   kdegraphics (4.14.3+5.88+mod90.11)
   kdepim-groupware (4.14.5+really4.4.11.1+l10n-0r2.1)
   kdepim-strigi-plugins (4.14.5+really4.4.11.1+l10n-0r2.1)
   kdepim-wizards (4.14.5+really4.4.11.1+l10n-0r2.1)
   kgamma (15.04.3-siduction1)
   klipper (5.3.2-siduction1)
   kscreensaver (15.04.0-siduction0.4)
   ktorrent (4.3.1-90r0)
   libatkmm-1.6-1 (2.22.7-2.1)
   libav-tools (2.7.2-dmo2)
   libbaloowidgets4 (4.14.3-siduction1)
   libboost-date-time1.55.0 (1.55.0+dfsg-4)
   libcairomm-1.0-1 (1.10.0-1.1)
   libclucene-contribs1 (2.3.3.4-4)
   libclucene-core1 (2.3.3.4-4)
   libcmis-0.4-4 (0.4.1-7)
   libcmis-0.5-5 (0.5.0-2)
   libcwidget3 (0.5.17-2)
   libebml4 (1.3.1-dmo2)
   libflac++6 (1.3.1-2)
   libgconfmm-2.6-1c2 (2.28.0-1.1)
   libgegl-0.2-0 (0.2.0-dmo8)
   libglademm-2.4-1c2a (2.6.7-4)
   libglibmm-2.4-1c2a (2.44.0-1)
   libgpgme++2 (4.14.3-siduction1.0.3)
   libgtkmm-2.4-1c2a (2.24.4-1.1)
   libgtkmm-3.0-1 (3.16.0-1)
   libilmbase6 (1.0.1-6.1)
   libkf5baloo1 (5.9.2-siduction1)
   libkf5balooxapian1 (5.9.2-siduction1)
   libkfilemetadata4 (4.14.3-siduction1)
   libkolab0 (0.6.0-1)
   libkolabxml1 (1.1.0-3)
   libllvm3.5 (3.5.2-1)
   libmatroska6 (1.4.2-dmo2)
   libmovit2 (1.1.3-dmo1)
   libmsn0.3 (4.2-2)
   libmuparser2 (2.2.3-4)
   libopencolorio1 (1.0.9~dfsg0-3+b1)
   libopenconnect3 (6.00-2)
   libopencv-calib3d2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-contrib2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-core2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-features2d2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-flann2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-highgui2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-imgproc2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-legacy2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-ml2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-objdetect2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopencv-video2.4 (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.1+b2)
   libopenexr6 (1.6.1-8)
   libopenimageio1.4 (1.4.14~dfsg0-1)
   libopenimageio1.5 (1.5.17~dfsg0-1)
   liborigin2-1 (20110117-1+b4)
   libpangomm-1.4-1 (2.36.0-1)
   libproxy1 (0.4.11-4+b2)
   libqalculate5 (0.9.7-9)
   libqpdf13 (5.1.3-1)
   libreoffice (4.4.4-1)
   libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer (5.0.1-2)
   libreoffice-base (5.0.1-2)
   libreoffice-base-core (5.0.1-2)
   libreoffice-base-drivers (5.0.1-2)
   libreoffice-calc (4.4.4-1)
   libreoffice-core (4.4.4-1)
   libreoffice-draw (5.0.1-2)
   libreoffice-gnome (4.4.4-1)
   libreoffice-gtk (4.4.4-1)
   libreoffice-help-en-gb (4.4.4-1)
   libreoffice-impress (5.0.1-2)
   libreoffice-kde (4.4.4-1)
   libreoffice-lightproof-en (0.4.3+1.5+git20140515-2)
   libreoffice-math (4.4.4-1)
   libreoffice-report-builder-bin (5.0.1-2)
   libreoffice-writer (5.0.1-2)
   librlog5 (1.4-3)
   libsearchclient0 (0.7.8-1.2+b3)
   libsidplay1 (1.36.59-7)
   libsigc++-2.0-0c2a (2.4.1-1)
   libstreamanalyzer0 (0.7.8-1.2+b3)
   libstreams0 (0.7.8-1.2+b3)
   libstrigihtmlgui0 (0.7.8-1.2+b3)
   libtag1-vanilla (1.9.1-2.1)
   libtag1c2a (1.9.1-2.1)
   libtinyxml2.6.2 (2.6.2-2)
   libwxbase3.0-0 (3.0.2+dfsg-1)
   libwxgtk3.0-0 (3.0.2+dfsg-1)
   libyaml-cpp0.3 (0.3.0-1.1)
   mythes-en-us (3.3.0-4)
   plasma-desktopthemes-artwork (15.04.0-siduction0.4)
   plasma-widgets-workspace (4.11.13-90r2)
   python3-uno (4.4.4-1)

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Yes both gimp and libreoffice will be installable, at newer versions, after all the removals and after your kf5 packages are all installed.

root@Hibiscus:/# apt-cache policy libreoffice
libreoffice:
  Installed: 1:5.0.1-2
  Candidate: 1:5.0.1-2
  Version table:
 *** 1:5.0.1-2 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

But digikam is not installable so if you lose that it is gone for awhile.  I also lost hplip and some other items that I had to reinstall.  As of now the only two packages that I wish I had, which do not work with kf5, are skype and radiotray.  They both need a systemtray on the panel and kf5 does not have that capability (yet).

I had some difficulties with vlc and libtag1v5-vanilla, which required some manual work to find the dependencies and conflicts and fix them.  I have also noticed that bangarang is not working correctly -- it installs and opens, but does not play the file, so I'm not sure what that problem is.  But of course we have many music players for linux, and vlc and kaffeine are working today.
« Last Edit: 2015/09/18, 17:10:33 by dibl »

Offline Spike_DE

• User
Hi there,

uh, my simple question leads to a bunch of "comments". i apologize for that!

but to come back to the emotionless content of my question:

"how long do you personaly think will the gcc5-transition take?"

I'm asking that, because i don't feel very good without D-U for month.
but also: i don't want anything else than siduction on my system.
currently my system runs without problems, so i can wait. and yes, i'm using KDENEXT.

i've used siduction (and the prior sid-derivates) for years.
My understanding of sidux/aptosid/siduction was: making sid as stable, as possible.
that means for me: D-U is possible.

if this gcc5-topic means that we have to strougle for month/years, then we have a major problem, don't we?

@Spike_DE: Never without manual intervention .. :)

THAT is hopefully a joke?  :-[

thx to all of you, be kind to each other!
--
Spike_DE

type cat /vmlinuz > /dev/audio to hear the voice of god.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
why should i make bad jokes - the reality is far better - and depending on the direction you want your system, you have to wait until the debian-qt-kde team or Santa fixes the remaining fallout. So it is a question of time and/or patience.

I'm a impatient person - so i let the most disturbing packages go some weeks ago and be done with the most of the shit. (Ok, LXQt is not that hard)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Santa

Hi there,

uh, my simple question leads to a bunch of "comments". i apologize for that!

but to come back to the emotionless content of my question:

Thanks for getting things back on track, we were clearly going nowhere with the other line of conversation.

"how long do you personaly think will the gcc5-transition take?"

I'm asking that, because i don't feel very good without D-U for month.
but also: i don't want anything else than siduction on my system.
currently my system runs without problems, so i can wait. and yes, i'm using KDENEXT.

I agree it's not good to have this kind of situations, the only reason why it wasn't fixed earlier is that the GCC 5 transition involves so many packages that is getting too much time to gte things back on track.

i've used siduction (and the prior sid-derivates) for years.
My understanding of sidux/aptosid/siduction was: making sid as stable, as possible.
that means for me: D-U is possible.

That's what we - at least me - try to do as much as we can, but with GCC 5 it wasn't feasible to provide smooth continuous upgrades like we normally do. The good news about this transition is that is going to be, probably, an exceptional thing in the history of siduction.

if this gcc5-topic means that we have to strougle for month/years, then we have a major problem, don't we?

I don't think its going to take years to get it working again, I would rather say some days, but as allways I cannot give an exact day. Right now I'm building yet another round of packages and I don't know how many grave issues I will find. Hopefully less, because the general state of sid right now is a lot better than what it was in august.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx

Santa, I give up, you may have  YOUR last word after this post

I apologise to the users of this forum, it's sad it had to get this far.

I don't like ANYONE telling me  what or what I can't do with my computer. It is mine, I bought the parts, I built it, I own it. I can also include USERS of siduction, unless, it will mess up your system.

I am not a moran, fucked up, but not a moran

I did not disrespect Santa in any way, shape, or form on this thread or forum in general.

What I did, was do things MY WAY, which, as you can see in this thread, he did not like

I have built many builds and did the installations to test. (4 machines, with several test partitions)  I have put many hours in this. It works, and works well, again, Santa does not like this

This is all I  ever had to say about Santa

Quote from: "piper"

That's a tough question to answer ;)

It depends if you use kdenext or not

If you do, I cannot answer that, I don't know what Santa has cooking, it is a lot of work, and people need to be patient with kdenext. Santa has done a great job, he is one man and he *might be waiting for the transition to be over, I cannot speak for him.

This is how I get treated, or, just read this whole thread.

Hello,

I have been reading many stupid things about KDE here, I was crystal clear from the beginning:
http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5719.msg46629#msg46629

So please stop misleading users and giving bad advices like the one above (meaning http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5719.msg47413#msg47413), It's not the first time that I see such kind of advices from forum moderators who really know nothing about KDE packaging.

Quote from: "melmarker"

I don't need to be allowed on irc to know that kind of things. 

Well, after your spies and whatever/whoever gave you the logs to what was said, (I know, you do ask for logs cause your not allowed there and I have witnessed you asking for logs, and i have years of logs myself)  then you know, full stop,   your full of shit then right, when you going to admit it (suck it up)  and apologise to the forum for spreading fud, yes, true fud,  that this can only work with kdenext and that we are all morans that build, install, use, kde/debian sid or in a nice tone,  USE WHAT WE WANT, WITHOUT YOU DICTATED WHAT WE DO, and if us morans choose to do things differntly than you KEEP YOUR SHIT to yourself

How many people running kde/debian sid without kdenext have a working system  ....

Nothing you do, say, or whatever else kind of manipulnation you do, will ever work with me and possibly others

"Manipulation" - is a way to covertly influence someone with indirect, deceptive, or abusive tactics. 

I enjoyed your work before, but the shit you just pulled with me and *possibly* our users, will never get me to use kde-next again, nor will I make a build with it included,  just your attitude alone is disturbing,  you remind me of microsoft and what it tried to do to linux in the early years.

You are Steve Ballmer and I am the cancer (linux)  You are not what I call open source friendly.

I think 100% that you can run and dist-upgrade siduction/debian without kde-next, there is no fud about it. It just works.

Thats it people, shows over, my last post in this thread period.   

TAKE IT AWAY SANTA  .......
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck