Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  new version: sidu-installer  (Read 6658 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
new version: sidu-installer
« on: 2014/01/10, 23:52:31 »
In the past few days we have made some bugfixes and improvements with the sidu-installer- It is strongly recommend to update the installer before the installation of siduction:

Code: [Select]
apt-get update; apt-get install sidu-installer

Please report any bugs to forum, irc or our bug-tracker. Thanks.

Known Bugs:
* buttons in bottom dont fit
* false lang (en) in gparted, when in a german environment
« Last Edit: 2014/01/11, 00:28:39 by melmarker »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

mylo

Re: new version: sidu-installer
« Reply #1 on: 2014/01/12, 15:12:28 »
Hi melmarker,

thanks, it seems this was necessary. Can I now do the following:

1) dd the iso to usb-stick  yes!

2) run a booting from the stick  yes!

3) apt-get update on the sticks installation by simply running the command : yes?

4) update the installer then yes?

5) install then successfully ? I will see by myself

Thanks for responding to 3 and 4.
« Last Edit: 2014/01/12, 15:29:34 by mylo »

mylo

« Reply #2 on: 2014/01/12, 15:32:42 »
So I went through the procedure above. I updated the installer and started it (not sure whether  use the new version or the old one, no indication).

The installation jumps to 60 % immediately after starting ist, after 45 s it went to 90%. It stopped with a "Success" notice and an installation time of 1:09 minuts.

And this, although I partitioned the root and home parts before (so cleanded them up totally).

It seems,I try the cli instaler as next...

mylo

« Reply #3 on: 2014/01/12, 16:35:23 »
yes, the cli-installer works perfect.

agni

« Reply #4 on: 2014/01/25, 16:21:31 »
In the past few days we have made some bugfixes and improvements with the sidu-installer- It is strongly recommend to update the installer before the installation of siduction:

I get the following error message:
  root@ben:~# apt-get install sidu-installer
  Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
  Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
  Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
  Probieren Sie »apt-get -f install«, um dies zu korrigieren:
  Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
  fll-installer : Hängt ab von: fll-live-initscripts (>= 2014.01.10) soll aber nicht installiert werden
  E: Unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten. Versuchen Sie »apt-get -f install« ohne Angabe eines Pakets (oder geben Sie eine Lösung an).

And apt-get dist-upgrade will also not work anymore

/agni

Offline absolut

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2014/01/26, 01:09:23 »
hast du auch probiert, was apt als mögliche korrektu / lösung vorgeschlagen hat?

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #6 on: 2014/01/26, 01:13:49 »
wie wäre es denn noch einmal mit den basics - ist das eventuell ein installiertes system? dann sollten da keine live-pakete drin sein - In diesem Fall würde löschen der Live-Pakete ungeheuer helfen.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

agni

« Reply #7 on: 2014/01/26, 15:56:22 »
wie wäre es denn noch einmal mit den basics - ist das eventuell ein installiertes system? dann sollten da keine live-pakete drin sein - In diesem Fall würde löschen der Live-Pakete ungeheuer helfen.

Kaum macht man's richtig, schon funktionierts. Ich habe die live-Packete gepurgt und das upgrade lief anstandslos durch. Danke.

/agni

jjjrrr3

« Reply #8 on: 2014/02/08, 01:11:25 »

Please report any bugs to forum, irc or our bug-tracker. Thanks.

I'm running version KDE amd64 2013-12-31 02-41 from a live DVD.  I upgraded the sidu-installer as instructed, but I get the following error from the installer.

Log

O: loading modules
O: Initialisation done
O: starting installation
O: starting load_config
O: load the configuration
O: starting prepareHD
O: prepare disk for the installation
O: starting copy2HD
O: copy the CD into the harddisk
E: Error copying iso to harddisk
O: siduction-installer ended abnormally

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #9 on: 2014/02/08, 03:02:47 »
show us fdisk -l please

greetz
devil

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #10 on: 2014/02/08, 11:31:12 »
the other solution may be: use the current iso

jjjrrr3

« Reply #11 on: 2014/02/09, 05:09:08 »
siducer@siduction:~$ sudo fdisk -l                                             

Disk /dev/sda: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes                                     
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders, total 976773168 sectors           
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes                                         
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes                           
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes                               
Disk identifier: 0x00045a3a                                                     

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System                 
/dev/sda1              63     4192964     2096451   82  Linux swap / Solaris   
/dev/sda2   *     4192965    44050229    19928632+  83  Linux                   
/dev/sda3        44050230   976768064   466358917+  83  Linux

I've begun DLing the most recent version, but I do not have a fast connection.

grady

« Reply #12 on: 2014/03/12, 05:21:11 »
I too have misery with my hdd installation of 2013-02 KDE-64 bit. The disk was a gift. The fairly new but used computer also.

Disk image download was done (I think) before Jan.7. Yes, I did the sidu-installer update (with no system complaints) right after opening the live disk to partition using gparted.
I can't say if my woes come from hardware (memtest shows zero errors), or from a bad download or bad burn. So I'm going with the melmarker gambit (reply # 10 here). And reinstall using my d/l & burn of the  ISO dated JAN.27.

I have two minor questions before doing that.
1. Will the ISOs dated Jan.27 have been patched for the sidu-installer fault?
2. The release notes which I read only after errors started to show (  ;-) ) referring to systemd makes me suspect that, in following the manual instructions for dist-upgrading, perhaps I ought to use a systemctl command for getting to runlevel 3, in place of command init 3. And similarly for getting back to runlevel 5 after. Will you please clarify?

And thank you in advance.

grady

Offline musca

• User
  • sid, fly high!
« Reply #13 on: 2014/03/12, 09:47:21 »
Hello grady,

welcome to the siduction community!

0.  In the future please open new threads for new questions.
1. Yes! You see the magic of packaging here. The iso was built directly from the repositories.
2. You are encouraged to use the commands that are listed in the releasenotes of 13.2.0.

Embrace the new possibilities! Extend your knowledge! Enjoy the new logging!

During the migration period the package systemd-sysv enables you to use the new systemd commands paralleled with the old sysv ones.

greetings
musca
„Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.“  (Goethe, Faust)