seduction
 Language:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2017/09/25, 11:51:19

Help

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Software - Support / Re: Gwenview bug regression since d-u to 5.10
« Last post by toga on Today at 11:02:56 »
yes, everytime i start it, i get this little present from gwenview :-[

toga
Software - Support / Gwenview bug regression since d-u to 5.10
« Last post by sunrat on Today at 09:33:19 »
Since recent d-u to Plasma 5.10, I get this message on opening Gwenview:
There are two actions (Cut, Delete) that want to use the same shortcut (Shift+Del). This is most probably a bug. Please report it in bugs.kde.org
Seems to be a regression of these bugs:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347373
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=377880

Easy to hide the Gwenview message by ticking "Do not show this message again", but that doesn't exactly fix it.
Anyone else seeing this?

Also I lost all configs and listed torrents from KTorrent, but that was easy to fix.
Well, I posted what I posted because of this

Quote from: Lanzi
Short Current score:

I have switched to open GL3.1 and I have the full-screen slide show off on the desktop ... for 2 days no crashes.

In the old Intel driver I'm not (yet) changed. I will now observe times.

For the latter step has led to the plasmoid / applet "Memory Status", then I saw that overnight swap space (and only of, not the main memory!) Becomes full. Without slide show that is not the case.

Quote from: debian-qt-kde
[‎9/24/17 3:38 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ Hello, is there a way too set the plasmashell into a debug mode? I installed the version from sid and it eats all my memory. It grows about 160MB per 10 minutes
‎[‎9/24/17 3:42 pm‏] <-- bluelupo (~quassel@ipb21a8427.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de) has left this server (Remote host closed the connection).
‎[‎9/24/17 3:42 pm‏] ‎<‎JanKusanagi‎>‎ at the very least, you could close it and start it from a terminal window
‎[‎9/24/17 3:42 pm‏] ‎<‎helios21‎>‎ janLo: Dunno about debug mode… I think you could attach some memory leak analyzing tool out of the valgrind/cachegrind and so on family, but I am not too familiar with that… otherwise to to remove plasmoids until you found the one that makes the issue
‎[‎9/24/17 3:42 pm‏] ‎<‎JanKusanagi‎>‎ also, with kdebugdialog5 yout might be able to make it more verbose
‎[‎9/24/17 3:42 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ hm, I don't use any plasmoids that I know of. Just the window bar at the bottom, the workspace switcher, teh system-tray and the digital clock in the corner behind the tray
‎[‎9/24/17 3:42 pm‏] ‎<‎JanKusanagi‎>‎ for the record, every "thing" you see on the panel, is a plasmoid
‎[‎9/24/17 3:42 pm‏] ‎<‎JanKusanagi‎>‎ let's say that you use the "default/minimal" set :D
‎[‎9/24/17 3:44 pm‏] ‎<‎JanKusanagi‎>‎ in my experience with Valgrind's Memcheck, it will make the plasmashell process be really slow, but the output would probably be quite helpful for an expert
‎[‎9/24/17 3:46 pm‏] ‎<‎tosky‎>‎ uh, could it be the bug that lisandro mentioned some time ago here?
‎[‎9/24/17 3:51 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ I just found this https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=141169
‎[‎9/24/17 3:54 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ Hm, I had to kill and restart plasmashell the whole day every hour, Now that I'll test it it stays stable at 256M
‎[‎9/24/17 3:54 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ ...
‎[‎9/24/17 3:59 pm‏] ‎<‎tosky‎>‎ I was talking about: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874581
‎[‎9/24/17 3:59 pm‏] <-- ximion (~ximion@2a02:8071:695:200:1571:4025:1828:1914) has left this server (Read error: No route to host).
‎[‎9/24/17 3:59 pm‏] ‎[Notice]‎ -zwiebelbot to #debian-qt-kde- Debian#874581: [qtdeclarative-opensource-src] memory leak with images - https://bugs.debian.org/874581
‎[‎9/24/17 4:6 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ yes, Its the same bug tosky
‎[‎9/24/17 4:6 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ seems to grow again also
‎[‎9/24/17 4:7 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ yes, If I set the slideshow to two seconds you can literally see the memory growing
‎[‎9/24/17 4:11 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-62117 seems to be somehow connected
‎[‎9/24/17 4:16 pm‏] ‎<‎janLo‎>‎ So disabling the slideshow seems to help here for now.
@all - nach all der Prosa hier hätte ich gerne mal wenigstens ansatzweise so was wie backtraces gesehen - und die dann in einen Bug verpackt in Richtung des entsprechenden Pakets geschickt. Leider wird hier nur fabuliert - nur zur Klarstellung: Nein, Plasma meldet sich nicht selbständig ab, dieses Verhalten nennt sich Absturz - und es wäre ganz nett, wenn wir dabei helfen könnten, die Ursache zu finden. Das würde uns im Endeffekt auch weiterhelfen.

Mit einer Sache hat Lanzi aber recht. Nachdem man geklärt hat, was abkackt - so mit Trace - kann man die entsprechenden Sachen bis zu einem Fix auch abschalten. Und nu nich alle empört aufschreien, ich kenn das noch mit KDE 4, das hat sich auch des öfteren mal "abgemeldet" - auch da wurden dann die Gründe gefunden und mehr oder weniger beseitigt oder umgangen.

EDIT: Es gibt da nen schickes Paket - systemd-coredump. Wenn nicht installiert, dann installieren und ganz wichtig, auch aktivieren. Und wenn das Ding crashes sammelt und die noch nicht ganz aussagefähig sind, dann hier melden - wir helfen dabei, die eventuell fehlenden debugsym oder dbg-Pakete hinzuzuinstallieren. Das ist die beste Hilfe, die wir uns selbst, debian und Upstream antun können. Und wirkungsvoll ist es dazu auch noch.
vorsichtiger ausgedrückt - es muss für den user sddm lesbar sein
Was auf jeden Fall eine Rolle spielt sind die Dateirechte des JPG, das muss den Wert 644 haben sonst ist der Hintergrund weiß und das JPG wird nicht angezeigt.

Code: [Select]
$ ls -ld /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/*jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1392762 Sep 24 19:19 /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/Sonnenuntergang_10_1920x1200_zuges.jpg
There's a lot of options, simple one,  just stick a image in

/usr/share/desktop-base/active-theme

or

/usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze

then use systemsettings > startup & shutdown > login screen > background > load from file, point to your image

I don't bother with theme.conf, because when sddm updates, you loose your settings,(image, face, etc)  at least that's what happens to me
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10