Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Hi! Its pretty quiet here!  (Read 8836 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
[EN] Re: Hi! Its pretty quiet here!
« Reply #15 on: 2020/06/24, 21:21:06 »
Quote from: piper
.... this moment I just can't remember what it is ...

The quote button launches a script, which browsers block as "unsafe". Depending on which browser you're using, it might put a little indicator to the right of the URL address line, and if you click the indicator, it will let you turn off the block and the script can run.  I normally run chromium (SRWare Iron), and it does not let me do that, so I just type a left bracket, then "quote=" and the name of the poster, like "piper" and the right bracket, and then paste in the text to be quoted and use the closing quote brackets.  But I think Firefox gives you the little script-blocker indicator where you can stop the block and use the quote window.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

beje

Re: Hi! Its pretty quiet here!
« Reply #16 on: 2020/06/25, 11:42:36 »
Quote from: dibl
so I just type a left bracket, then "quote=" and the name of the poster, like "piper" and the right bracket

The simple quote without the original author I had managed, I just forgot this = username after quote in straight brackets...

Thanks.

Offline paco

• User
« Reply #17 on: 2020/06/25, 12:50:39 »
    @ piper: Hopefully not caused by "this simple and stupid influenza";-) Get well soon!

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #18 on: 2020/06/25, 13:35:46 »
Likely a little more recreational than that maybe. ;D

Offline paxmark2

• User
« Reply #19 on: 2020/06/25, 20:08:23 »
The chromium one is probably
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=963601,  more written about on bug today than yesterday am.
I ran into it prior with similar error messages on my Debian standard sid  with sway on I386. 

The acer aspireone I bought used 9 years ago , I will have to discard, screen goes green at times, or purple, sometimes several times to start. the powerup, etc.  So I just plowed through.    I appreciate the info on SRware Iron. 

peace out.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #20 on: 2020/06/26, 00:33:48 »
@paco
I had covid twice, I live in NY, but thats not my main problem :)

I have neurovascular dystrophy  (CRPS type II - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) and RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)

https://themighty.com/2016/11/life-with-rsdcrps-one-of-the-most-painful-conditions/?PageSpeed=noscript

https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-syndrome/

shit happens

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #21 on: 2020/06/26, 01:19:49 »
+1 with RA. I had a partial shoulder replacement about 4 years ago. Now waiting for a hip. Sometime after that I will likely be ready for the other shoulder and possibly a redo of the first shoulder. Throw in the knees and life can suck!!! At least I can tell you when it's going to rain.

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #22 on: 2020/06/26, 02:10:38 »
I don't feel the RA anymore, I've had it for over 50 years

This is how I feel every second of everyday 24/7, there is no cure

https://complextruths.org/mcgill-pain-index-where-is-crps-ranked-and-why/

https://rsds.org/anewfourletterword/

Edit:

@dibl  thanks for explaining what I couldn't ;)
« Last Edit: 2020/06/26, 03:10:20 by piper »
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

beje

« Reply #23 on: 2020/06/29, 10:30:28 »
huh, this took a different turn...sorry to hear @piper and @eriefischer

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #24 on: 2020/07/01, 13:59:02 »
@beje

No worries man, shit happens, all is good, very, very hard to type, why I am not here or irc like I used to be, and being afraid to give advise because my brain can't handle simple things anymore because of the pain.

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the joints, which can cause pain. What makes rheumatoid arthritis different from CRPS is that rheumatoid arthritis affects the joints, while CRPS affects an entire region of an extremity.

CRPS occurs when the nervous system and the immune system malfunction as they respond to tissue damage from trauma. The nerves misfire, sending constant pain signals to the brain. The level of pain is measured as one of the most severe on the planet.

Neurovascular dystrophy (crps) has spread to my whole left side, shoulder down to toes.
I am glad we have good people here that if I do give bad advise, they will cover my ass :) :P   yes, embarrassing, hurts more my pride, but lots of love and respect

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #25 on: 2020/07/01, 15:38:58 »
I can't imagine what your going through Piper but knowing what I feel, especially on a bad day, I feel for you brother.