Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Lang. + keyb. settings during live and after install do not match. Password lost  (Read 7120 times)

Crypto

Hi,

I have successfully installed KDE iso here. I am currently happy with few minor things that could be sorted out:

(1) When live mode starts, select "de" both for language and keyboard.
(2I When live mode is ongoing, run installer.
Bug: Installer starts from language English + timezone US. It should still use "de" + Europe for timezone.

Another issue:
(1) After siduction is installed on harddrive, complete all settings, do all d-u.
(2) Wait until screen locks and you need to enter user password to exit screen lock.
Bug: Although during installation passwords both for user and admin were given, this user pw is now invalid and does not exit screen lock screen (I then did a reset). You have to enter system settings -> user settings and assign a (new?) valid password.

Crypto.

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
(2I When live mode is ongoing, run installer.
Bug: Installer starts from language English + timezone US. It should still use "de" + Europe for timezone.

Installer is using geoip location for the 1st setting.

Another issue:
(1) After siduction is installed on harddrive, complete all settings, do all d-u.
(2) Wait until screen locks and you need to enter user password to exit screen lock.
Bug: Although during installation passwords both for user and admin were given, this user pw is now invalid and does not exit screen lock screen (I then did a reset). You have to enter system settings -> user settings and assign a (new?) valid password.

I have 3 installs done with the KDE Image, never seen that problem.
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Offline der_bud

• User
There was some similar observation once >here<, but not solved and nor really clear what was happening and what the user did.
After installation completed, you did a clean reboor from hard disk and logged in with username and password, then the screenlock thing happened? Or did you set the user to autologin during installation?
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Crypto

After installation completed, you did a clean reboor from hard disk and logged in with username and password, then the screenlock thing happened? Or did you set the user to autologin during installation?

After installation on harddisk (after pop up is shown that installation was completed) I shut down computer and did a clean reboot from harddisk.
During install I have selected to auto log in without asking for password.
So computer boots up OK and I do not have to enter password. I can do network settings to connect to WLAN and do d-u.

I left computer unattended and lock screen was shown after auto timeout so password was required to unlock computer, but my password that I entered for user during install did not work. I had to reset computer and reboot. Then I checked system settings and for user I re-entered my password (not sure if it was known to system before at all as old password was not displayed). Then lock screen could be left OK with entering my password, as expected.

Crypto.

Offline der_bud

• User
Perhaps "autologin" could be the point here, I myself never used that (and AFAIK most of the siduction team neither). When I have time I try to replicate your setup....
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.