Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Firefox 111.x series seems very unstable (not a siduction problem)  (Read 1850 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Is it just me, or is this 111 series of Firefox versions crashing for others also? It seems worst on my Nvidia graphics productivity desktop, but it's not very stable on my laptops either. Just curious to see whether this is a known issue with this browser version. Thanks.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Online towo

• Administrator
  • User
Zero problem with the original Mozilla version of Firefox.
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Zero problem with the original Mozilla version of Firefox.
Hmmmmm.  I have always used the Debian package -- maybe it's time to get it from Mozilla.  Thanks towo.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline fams

• User
No problems with the sid package here on different installations, too. No Nvidea tough...
Might be your configuration.

Offline ayla

• User
no crashs here with the recent sid package but very slow on some sides with tls-handshakes, when not timing out evrything is okay after.

Offline eriefisher

• User
I haven't used FF for some time just for that reason. I found it was buggy and prone to crash. I've been seeing some similar behavior with Vivaldi recently. 100% cpu usage and the mail client not starting or connecting to the server.

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
OK I've got the mozilla downloaded firefox installed on 2 machines so far. I use firefox for banking and bill paying, and I have a set of 6 or 7 tabs with my user and password information for these sites. Is there a quick way to show the new downloaded firefox my existing configuration, or do I need to manually set up the tabs?

Thanks!

Offline der_bud

• User
For your credentials you need to copy the files 'logins.json' and 'key4.db' from your old profile folder to the profile of the other/new firefox instance.
For more info and background look at  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile#w_your-important-data-and-their-files
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
EXCELLENT -- thanks, @der_bud!

EDIT: Yes, by following the guidance on the linked site, I was able quickly to reconstruct my needed tabs and login data. Thanks for the tip!
« Last Edit: 2023/03/26, 23:57:20 by dibl »

Offline paco

• User
everything seems fine here with the sid version without copying/restoring any files as proposed