Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Desktop showing moments before lockscreen  (Read 1546 times)

viniosity

[EN] Desktop showing moments before lockscreen
« on: 2014/05/11, 20:11:42 »
Things are generally working fine on my new siduction laptop but there are a couple of things I'd like to tweak/fix.

Right now, if I resume from suspend, my desktop shows for about 1-2 seconds before the screensaver shows and then finally it all goes black with the lockscreen. Seems a bit sloppy. I'd expect it to show just the lockscreen on resume and nothing else.

Anyone know how to get that behavior?

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: Desktop showing moments before lockscreen
« Reply #1 on: 2014/05/11, 20:24:10 »
Wait for wayland ...
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

viniosity

Re: Desktop showing moments before lockscreen
« Reply #2 on: 2014/05/13, 22:24:39 »
Ok, turns out the real answer is that xflock4 (which is what xfce uses) is just a script that tries, in order, gnome-screensaver, xcreensaver, xlock.

Since siduction is using lightdm with their xfce iso, it's possible to lock the screen using it instead.

Create a new file in /usr/local/bin called xflock4 and just paste in some super simple code:

Code: [Select]

#!/bin/sh

dm-tool lock
exit 1

make it executable

$ chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/xflock4

and off you go. Note that dm-tool lock is the lightdm command to lock the screen. This might not be as secure as using xcreensaver but it's fine for my purposes.