Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] xfce battery monitor no longer changing  (Read 1816 times)

viniosity

[EN] xfce battery monitor no longer changing
« on: 2014/08/06, 16:49:36 »
I can't remember exactly when it happened but within the last month or so my xfce4 power manager plugin is no longer changing with my computer's battery state. For example if I boot up when the computer is plugged in and then unplug the adapter, the power manager still shows the computer as charging.

It does seem to do the right things other than that though. Anyone else seeing this?

mxmehl

Re: xfce battery monitor no longer changing
« Reply #1 on: 2014/08/06, 17:30:17 »
Yes, I have the same problem. Just today I searched for some XFCE related bugs and I found one explanation for this certain problem. As far as I can remember, it was a problem with upower.

Now I found it again. Look at these bug reports, at least I have the same bugs as their authors:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=694391
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=755234

XFCE has severe problems with systemd, xfce4-power-manager is only one of them.

viniosity

« Reply #2 on: 2014/08/07, 00:09:59 »
Ouch. Ok, well glad to know I'm not the only one. I added the battery status monitor to my panel which is at least giving me some insight as to my battery level until this is fixed.

mxmehl

« Reply #3 on: 2014/09/26, 11:30:32 »
Yay, finally there's a new version that fixes all bugs I noticed with xfce4-power-manager: 1.4.0-2

The LidSwitch-Lock-option in the power manager is now working (set HandleLidSwitch in /etc/systemd/logind.conf to ignore), there's a finacy new panel icon and a new settings dialogue.

It's very relieving to have these functions working again.

# Edit: Okay, 1 bug still exists: The screen is not being locked when restarting from suspending.