Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [solved] tzdata Upgrade Will Remove Pkgs  (Read 4899 times)

KrunchTime

Re: tzdata Upgrade Will Remove Pkgs
« Reply #15 on: 2016/03/27, 09:56:16 »
same by me.

holding tzdata helps, thx for the clue!

how did you make out these dependencies?
In this situation, the tzdata-java package marked for removal and the tzdata upgrade were the clues.  After I placed tzdata on hold, then the packages that were going to be removed, did not show to be removed when I dist-upgraded again.

@towo:  Thank you for the bug report link.

@melmarker:  I believe LibreOffice uses OpenJDK in some capacity.  That's why I opted not to allow the removal.
« Last Edit: 2016/03/27, 10:27:00 by KrunchTime »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #16 on: 2016/03/27, 13:08:26 »
libreoffice recommend default-jre | openjdk-8-jre | openjdk-7-jre | openjdk-6-jre | gcj-jre | sun-java5-jre | sun-java6-jre | java5-runtime | jre,

i would suggest to go with default-jre in case one dont need oracle-jave. I would hereby suggest to let java 7 go and use java 8, it is old enough now.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

KrunchTime

« Reply #17 on: 2016/03/28, 06:41:44 »
libreoffice recommend default-jre | openjdk-8-jre | openjdk-7-jre | openjdk-6-jre | gcj-jre | sun-java5-jre | sun-java6-jre | java5-runtime | jre,

i would suggest to go with default-jre in case one dont need oracle-jave. I would hereby suggest to let java 7 go and use java 8, it is old enough now.
Thank you for the advice.

KrunchTime

« Reply #18 on: 2016/03/30, 19:10:39 »
The great and powerful melmarker has spoken.  You rock, dude.  Results of dist-upgrade today; note the openjdk pkgs:

Code: [Select]

The following packages will be upgraded:
  doublecmd-common doublecmd-gtk doublecmd-plugins libapparmor1 libc-bin
  libc-dev-bin libc-l10n libc6 libc6:i386 libc6-dbg libc6-dev libc6-i686:i386
  libffmpegthumbnailer4v5 libnghttp2-14 libparams-validate-perl libsnmp-base
  libsnmp30 libsub-name-perl locales multiarch-support openjdk-8-jre
  openjdk-8-jre-headless whois workrave workrave-data xserver-common
  xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-video-intel