Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Structural changes  (Read 6498 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: Structural changes
« Reply #1 on: 2016/11/18, 11:11:50 »
I for one am looking forward to this, I am sure most users are also ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline Jörg

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2016/11/18, 11:17:17 »
Me too, possibly with another DE than KDE!

Greetings,
Jörg

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2016/11/18, 13:52:00 »
Me too, possibly with another DE than KDE!

Greetings,
Jörg

What DE would that be ?
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2016/11/18, 17:17:02 »
Thank you devil for sharing with us what's happen. I appreciate a lot to know a little whats happens  "behind the curtains". And again thank you all in the siduction team for what you have done, are doing and will do, very valuable for us users.

Sometimes when I have some time over, I try other distros but so far there have never been any that come close to siduction. It's fast, light, easy to install and has everything I need.

I hope there still will be xfce releases, although I don't understand much about this things there doesn't seems to be any heavy development in  xfce so maybe it's not that big work to keep that running in siduction?

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #5 on: 2016/11/18, 18:37:44 »
For sure there will be more Xfce releases. And yes, Xfce is,  together with noX and Xorg one of the easy candidates.

greetz
devil

Offline Jörg

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2016/11/19, 11:05:39 »
@piper

after hours of searching the WWW, I still cannot make a reasonable decision between LXDE and XFCE.

Greetings,
Jörg

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2016/11/19, 11:20:05 »
Jörg

Have you tried lxqt ?

Offline Jörg

• User
« Reply #8 on: 2016/11/19, 14:38:06 »
@piper

No - I never used something else than KDE. "Vilde" gave me the advice (via PM) just to try XFCE and to see how I like it. Most probably this will be the best to do.

Greetings,
Jörg

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #9 on: 2016/11/19, 21:09:25 »
@Jörg - you should really give LXQt a try
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #10 on: 2016/11/19, 21:28:07 »
I think maybe you misunderstood me a little there Jörg, I have no experience in lxqt or lxde in recent time, I have used xfce since KDE became 4.xxxx, what I say is that I think you shall try Jörg, you will not find a DE for you by only reading about it, try and find out what feels best for you.

Offline Jörg

• User
« Reply #11 on: 2016/11/21, 16:00:55 »
Made downloads of siduction 'Paintitblack' LXQT and XFCE during the weekend and will do some testing until the new siduction.iso will hopefully appear at the end of this year. Thanks for your advices Piper, Vilde and Melmarker!

Greetings,
Jörg