Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Desktop-Photo (Show your Desktop)  (Read 79062 times)

zephyr

[EN] Re: Desktop-Photo (Show your Desktop)
« Reply #60 on: 2015/02/13, 07:32:49 »

My new Siduction Openbox. This distro works very well with the OB wm. -zephyr

Millie

Re: Desktop-Photo (Show your Desktop)
« Reply #61 on: 2015/02/18, 07:01:18 »
Zephyr, your screenshot above inspired me to install tint2 on my LXDE.

zephyr

« Reply #62 on: 2015/02/18, 08:27:43 »
@Millie: That is awesome, something that I never tried to do. But, It does really look cool instead of the lxde panel. The desktop layout, conky, color scheme is excellent. I mess with my distro's constantly, not always with good results. Tint2 has a lot of tweaks and capabilities that I appreciate, it appears that you have a good handle on that.  Thank you-zephyr

zephyr

« Reply #63 on: 2015/02/18, 21:04:44 »
@Tuxic: I hope this works for you. Happy to share these items. If I can also be of any more of help, please let me know. On the Crunchbang forum, SpaceX had a nice set of themes for Waldorf via a link. Happy Crunching. I have other items, like menu, although much extended for Crunchbang if you are interested. -zephyr

Millie

« Reply #64 on: 2015/03/08, 15:30:48 »
Shot of my updated LXDE. New conky and tint2/lxpanel config.

Offline tuxic

• User
« Reply #65 on: 2015/03/09, 00:32:07 »
Nice! But I'm worried about the future of LXDE and Openbox...
"Many people live and die..., and all they do is process groceries."
                  H. Peavey

Millie

« Reply #66 on: 2015/03/09, 02:12:40 »
Hi tuxic.

I did see on the release page for 2014.1 where it said "LXDE will be developed as long as GTK+ 2 stays usable." I'll run it until that day comes. I've also got Siduction Xfce, so I'm covered if they decide to abandon LXDE next time around.

I redid my Xfce desktop as well. I F'd-up something on it last week, and had to reinstall. I decided to put it on a different computer rather than dual-boot with my LXDE again.

zephyr

« Reply #67 on: 2015/03/11, 01:45:45 »
@tuxic: I hope you enjoy this conky, it has a few updates I mentioned earlier. Let me know if you have any questions. thanks-zephyr

zephyr

« Reply #68 on: 2015/03/11, 04:01:13 »
@ Millie & tuxic:  I too appreciate xfce, as well as lxde.  Xfce does have a bit more tweak-able attributes, and similar in appearance. I use fluxbox and openbox primarily, but the future of lxde and xfce does look good, and believe that a new xfce is on it's way. I choose simplicity over the "busy" appearance and behavior of KDE, or Gnome. The more something looks and behaves like Windows, the quicker I get rid of it. I choose openbox or fluxbox for mostly one reason, that is building my own menu, design it do and function toward my needs. Simple, fast, and light on resources. Tint2 is awesome, as with many of the lxde apps that are shared between lxde and openbox.  Siduction has really come out ahead with a great line of DE's, my particular favorite is Xorg fluxbox, just raw enough to work and build, a custom distro. Millie, your art work is super, I try to be creative, but clutter is like driving with billboards, or marquee's, and I'm bad about it. - zephyr

Millie

« Reply #69 on: 2015/03/23, 15:10:00 »

Well, I'm back to minimal on my LXDE. I made this wallpaper this weekend. Tint2 and two hidden lxpanels with launchers and clock. I'm not sure if I'm going to build a conky for it yet. I kinda like the "plain" look.

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #70 on: 2015/03/23, 19:02:16 »
I like to have a clean desktop, I also like to see my wife so she is in my wallpaper :)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #71 on: 2015/03/23, 21:24:16 »
@tuxic: don't worry - LXDE will die somewhen, but not now and not tomorrow. The project will live as long there are developers interested in. And right now Andrej and crew have released the best LXDE ever. Regarding GTK2 - ok, it will die somewhen, but the most components of LXDE can be compiled with GTK3 libs right now.  So let us talk about the eol of LXDE if it is really over. Maybe in a few years or so ...
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

bluescreen

« Reply #72 on: 2015/04/28, 16:07:37 »
Moin !

Ein neuer !

... from crunchbang to siduction .... openbox ....

:)

Gruss

KrunchTime

« Reply #73 on: 2015/05/17, 03:57:40 »
The results of a Debian NetInstall, changing the repos to point to unstable, apt-get dist-upgrade, install favored packages including openbox and tint2, sprinkle in some pipemenus and scripts from CrunchBang Linux, and you get the following.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #74 on: 2015/05/26, 01:00:10 »
Little basic, but, what I am using at the moment

« Last Edit: 2015/05/26, 01:05:38 by piper »
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck