Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] New Builds  (Read 11592 times)

Offline Linux-Is-Best

[EN] Re: New Builds
« Reply #15 on: 2023/07/03, 06:13:15 »
I only wanted to say that the test build for June 26, 2023, for KDE is rock solid.

I notice the homepage's ISOs have not been updated in quite some time and it maybe a good ideal to refresh them. 
Describe myself? Why? Who I believe I am is irrelevant to who you're going to believe me to be.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: New Builds
« Reply #16 on: 2023/07/03, 06:59:42 »
Just to clarify: the images on the homepage are official releases, that bring not only updated packages, but also new features. The test builds on https://testbuilds.siduction.org/ are just fresh builds of the latest sid snapshot with updated packages, that we build from time to time. They also feature desktop environments, that we, due to lack of maintainers, do not officially release at this point. The test builds are built, booted and installed, usually no further testing.

Offline Linux-Is-Best

« Reply #17 on: 2023/07/04, 14:29:54 »
Just to clarify: the images on the homepage are official releases, that bring not only updated packages, but also new features. The test builds on https://testbuilds.siduction.org/ are just fresh builds of the latest sid snapshot with updated packages, that we build from time to time. They also feature desktop environments, that we, due to lack of maintainers, do not officially release at this point. The test builds are built, booted and installed, usually no further testing.

That's fine and all, but the homepage build does not work for me, but the test build did. Either way, thanks for keeping this development going.
Describe myself? Why? Who I believe I am is irrelevant to who you're going to believe me to be.

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #18 on: 2023/07/04, 14:36:53 »
but the homepage build does not work for me

That's zero helpfull for us. "Does not work" sayes nothing!
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Offline Linux-Is-Best

« Reply #19 on: 2023/07/04, 19:20:51 »
but the homepage build does not work for me

That's zero helpfull for us. "Does not work" sayes nothing!

It's not, but I really had no interest in pursuing it further, either, since the issue was not being able to see anything, including the boot menu.  So I couldn't tell you anything, except I saw a black screen. And that isn't very helpful, but that is what I had to work with, so I decided to try the so-called "test build" and that worked.

Offline samoht

• User
« Reply #20 on: 2023/07/04, 19:56:23 »
That's fine and all, but the homepage build does not work for me ...
It's not, but I really had no interest in pursuing it further ...

I recommend you firstly to calm down and then to ask yourself why so many siduction KDE users successfully installed the official release!
Maybe your downloaded iso was corrupt? Have you checked the sha sum?
Have a nice evening.

Offline Linux-Is-Best

« Reply #21 on: 2023/07/04, 21:08:27 »
That's fine and all, but the homepage build does not work for me ...
It's not, but I really had no interest in pursuing it further ...

I recommend you firstly to calm down and then to ask yourself why so many siduction KDE users successfully installed the official release!
Maybe your downloaded iso was corrupt? Have you checked the sha sum?
Have a nice evening.
I am sorry if you think I am upset, because I am not. 

I always check the hash sum before burning an ISO. It was correct. -- I presume there was a firmware change between then and now (or something else concerning display).  My video card is an AMD Radeon RX 640.

But I digress.The test build works and that's good enough.  -- Have a good day.