Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Siduction now on daily-driver and backgrounds question?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline WetGeek

• User
[EN] Siduction now on daily-driver and backgrounds question?
« on: 2023/03/18, 21:39:57 »
I've given up on my Sparky Linux infatuation -- I'm pretty sure my VirtualBox issues are a result of using it as the host -- and I've now reinstalled Siduction on my daily-driver laptop.  It will now stay here until/unless Solus is ever resurrected.  I've been waiting for that to happen for quite a while now, though, and it's starting to look like Siduction may be my new "forever" daily-driver.

I do have a nit to pick with it, though, so I'll mention that here.  As I've said before, my wife has never wavered from Siduction on her laptop, saying that she much prefers the background images on Siduction.  I agreed with her, so after restoring Siduction  on this computer, I attempted to change the background to my favorite image -- the one I used when last on Siduction.  Before, I needed to ask for "more backgrounds" four or five times to get to my favorite, but this time I could only so that one time.  There seem to be a LOT fewer backgrounds available now than there were the last time I used Seduction here.  

I couldn't select my favorite nighttime scene to use as a lock screen background, either.  Again, when I tried to load more backgrounds while searching for it, I ran out of backgrounds very quickly.  So, now my normal background and my lock screen background are both set to images that I don't really care for.

I want to make it clear that this is really, really, REALLY the very lowest of priorities.  The only reason I even mention it now is to find out whether anybody else has noticed the change.  Maybe the problem is elsewhere upstream, and my favorite images will become available again later.  I'm delighted to be back on Siduction now, regardless of what my wallpaper looks like.  ;D

Offline der_bud

• User
Re: Siduction now on daily-driver and backgrounds question?
« Reply #1 on: 2023/03/18, 22:43:38 »
There are just a few wallpapers coming from siduction itself. Most of them are directly from debian, sometimes something gets changed there. Perhaps your machine misses the plasma wallpaper metapackage, availabe via
Code: [Select]
apt install plasma-workspace-wallpapersIf you want to see what might be available, do
Code: [Select]
apt search wallpapersIt's up to you to install whatever you want, even the package gnome-backgrounds while using KDE ;), and then you can always put images you like in your home folder and select them as background
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline WetGeek

• User
Re: Siduction now on daily-driver and backgrounds question?
« Reply #2 on: 2023/03/19, 09:49:55 »
Thanks for your response.  After finishing my setup and configuration of added packages, which took a while, I tried once more and was amazed at how many images were available by then!  I'm pretty sure I scrolled through them for more than an hour, and still didn't reach the end, but my finger got tired of spinning the mouse wheel, so I needed to quit.

I never did find the two images I'd installed when I last used Siduction on this laptop, but I did find a very suitable wallpaper (actually, many of them) and a perfect night scene for a lock screen background,  Apparently it took a while for those all to become available to a new installation of Siduction.