Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  GPG files for integrity check? Where are they?  (Read 1752 times)

RLFontan

GPG files for integrity check? Where are they?
« on: 2018/09/17, 05:08:41 »
Hey guys, i have installed Siduction here, and i did all the sd5sum and md5sum check... but the manual mentions gpg files that i didnt found on the North America servers! What should i do?

Thank you guys!

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: GPG files for integrity check? Where are they?
« Reply #1 on: 2018/09/17, 10:28:14 »
Unfortunately our manual is a bit outdated in certain parts. Lack of man hours, and nobody steps up :(.  That being said, I can't even remeber such a thing as gpg files to check integrity. So they must be gone for a lonmg time (if they ever existed).

And to be completely honest with you: I downloaded and installed thousands and thousands of images and never verified the image unless it was faulty. And from those cases, I cannot remember one being faulty due to a failed download or to a image that had been tampered with. I guess I got lucky as I hardly ever download Mint Linux :)

Offline der_bud

• User
Re: GPG files for integrity check? Where are they?
« Reply #2 on: 2018/09/17, 10:28:27 »
The english part of the manual is outdated in that regard, it is enough to check the md5-sum of the iso against the number in the corresponding *.md5 file.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.