Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] siduction dev release part 2  (Read 6441 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: siduction dev release part 2
« Reply #1 on: 2016/01/17, 17:37:46 »
some additonal notes:
* we have re-released the isos from the first part with current packages and bugfixes
* there is a full set of i386 images available (can take some time before it hit all mirrors)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline jure

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2016/01/17, 17:41:46 »
some additonal notes:
* there is a full set of i386 images available (can take some time before it hit all mirrors)

thx that`s great
Gruss Juergen

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #3 on: 2016/01/17, 20:45:50 »
I greatly appreciate the decisions you made for the release model and the inclusion of the non-free/contrib firmware (and the opt-out in the installer)! I'm looking forward to the new release - thanks :)
Susan | Hardware: SysProfile
Music-Profile: http://www.last.fm/de/user/spacepengu

Offline jaegermeister

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2016/01/29, 18:56:24 »
First of all, thanks for your fantastic efforts.
Btw I also appreciated your apt sources extension.

I would like to give a suggestion for next official release 2016.1 RELEASE NOTES concerning MIGRATION issues.

Many of us are still waiting for the right moment to du from KDE4, the distro release could be the right moment; it would be nice, as in good old times, to find some detailed info about how to perform transitions which are beyond the scope managed by packages, i.e. the change from lightdm to SDDM, the apt sources changes, and whatever else could be necessary (e.g. change in desktop search indexing?) to smoothly transition from 2014.x base.

Also, it would be interesting a BUGS section, indicating bugs still present with KDE5 (e.g. no different pictures on different desktops, stuff crashing, etc.) or in other flavours.

THX^3
---------------------------------------
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLVM
---------------------------------------

Offline mash

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2016/02/18, 19:39:55 »
Just let me say 'thank you!'
Had to do some changes on an old laptop and decided to give siduction a try and make a fresh install.
Well, everything went fine (with some minor flaws). the machine actually works as a webserver and database-server (for testing on local net) - furthermore my wife uses it to play... (-;
I'll check it out further but I actually think of installing it on othermachines as well. I like it. Keep up the good work.
Thanks
when it was hard to write it should be hard to read

tmhind2

« Reply #6 on: 2016/02/19, 10:35:51 »
Yes, thanks siduction developer team!  ;D