Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  LXQt experimental and pcmanfm-qt  (Read 2426 times)

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
LXQt experimental and pcmanfm-qt
« on: 2017/11/12, 19:24:12 »
@melmarker

For a few weeks now pcmanfm-qt and its related libs and plugins (libfm-qt3 libimage-qt lxqt-qtplugin) are to be removed (This is from the expermental snapshot). Am I missing something? Has pcmanfm-qt been replaced, or is it just not updated. Nothing I've read lets me know either way.  I've been upgrading around the problem, but, I'm always left with 37 to upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: LXQt experimental and pcmanfm-qt
« Reply #1 on: 2017/11/12, 20:05:10 »
we had a Qt transition that was blocked longer than expected by mariadb - you have two choices: upgrade the lxqt packages to debian/experimental or just wait until the new packages from experimental migrate to unstable. The transition bug is filed for nearly two weeks now - the only blocker was mariadb. So i guess we will get green lights for our transition in the next days.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2017/11/12, 20:28:31 »
Thanks @melmarker

I'll wait till it's over.  No need to rush.  Thanks for the update.  Unstable and Experimental-Snapshots are both running great. Thanks again.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2017/11/12, 20:31:57 »
The problem is that the Qt 5.9.2 update introduced a so name bump - the packages in experimental-snapshots are build with Qt 5.9.1 - so all Qt  updates are blocked. Tough decision: Clean up debian/experimental or rebuild experimental-snaphosts, ~ENOTIME for both 8)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2017/11/23, 18:46:05 »
Yesterday I was able to update LXQt from the experimental-snapshots repo.  Thanks melmarker, everything looks good.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #5 on: 2017/11/23, 19:34:21 »
Yesterday I was able to update LXQt from the experimental-snapshots repo.  Thanks melmarker, everything looks good.
Right now - this can change - unfortunately github is not as open as it should be in some cases - so i can't link the list of Pull Requests for LXQt here - but there are many which can and will break things short time i guess. (And if they don't break things - ok, i had to write some things too :D)

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2017/11/24, 04:00:45 »
Thanks again melmarker.  We'll keep watch and be careful.