Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  LXQt Transition started  (Read 5321 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: LXQt Transition started
« Reply #15 on: 2017/12/09, 12:53:35 »
@titan: it seems you lack the basic understanding what LXQt is and how it works - no problem, the informations are well hidden :) So i will try to bring a little bit more light into: the very basic lib is libqtxdg - currently in version libqt5xdg3 3.1.0, built on that is libfm-qt3 (0.12.0) and liblxqt0 (0.12.0) - all other compontents are more or less based on these three libs. Next very important parts of LXQt are the lxqt-session and lxqt-qtplugin. First is the integrational part that deliver the session, set the used platform and start basic services. Second is a kind of glue that provide the session settings to the applications if a lxqt session is running.

And exactly there seems to be a problem, all of these components need to build against the same qtxdg and liblxqt. One can check that - if no session is present one can set the pcmanfm-qt icon theme directly in pcmanfm-qt - with a valid session running these settings are hidden.

Best bet to solve your issues is just to remove libqt5xdg* and libqt5xdgiconloader* - that will take all other LXQt components with it. After that an simple "apt install task-lxqt-desktop" will install a full LXQt with all bells and whistles - if not done yet i would suggest to remove /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/80siduction or change it to install recommends. One can purge not needed packages afterwards.

Edit: forget to mention that LXQt is strictly indipendent from any Window Manager - so on can chose every WM one like. That will work fine in theory, there might be some issues with keybindings and the way different WMs handle background applications - keybindings are handled for LXQt in lxqt-globalkeysd, so if the WM take some bindings that globalkeysd want, one should solve that in one of the settings. Second: i3 seems to mess up the classic desktop layer - so it migth be better that there is no pcmanfm-qt --desktop process running.
« Last Edit: 2017/12/09, 13:00:24 by melmarker »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline paxmark2

• User
« Reply #16 on: 2017/12/10, 22:13:45 »
Not siduction, but Debian testing derivative  Sparky.  I and others got the blue screen.  I did

apt remove libqt5xdg*  libqt5xdgiconloader*   followed by
apt install task-lxqt-desktop

I selected sddm (had been lightdm) 

Nonresponsive menu ond other problems still present.  I am going to wait on finding solutions,  time might heal.  I will lurk on freenode #lxde and OFTC #debian-lxqt

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #17 on: 2017/12/10, 22:16:56 »
Some packages just migrate to testing - but creating blue screens - ok, never mind.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline paxmark2

• User
« Reply #18 on: 2017/12/15, 03:11:57 »
Time did heal for the migration to testing.  My 3 y.o. lxqt continues in testing. peace out.