Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Desktop-Photo (Show your Desktop)  (Read 78778 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
[EN] Re: Desktop-Photo (Show your Desktop)
« Reply #90 on: 2018/07/26, 13:47:22 »
Thanks for sharing :)

hhhorb

Re: Desktop-Photo (Show your Desktop)
« Reply #91 on: 2018/07/27, 09:00:26 »
Bitte!

hhhorb

« Reply #92 on: 2019/01/15, 03:01:36 »
" Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

:'(

I switched sources from sid to buster before the weekend, ahead of the transition freeze. A couple of glitches (graphics and a desktop crash) but weekend upgrades and a reboot seems to have sorted things...

To the siduction forum, and especially @devil for his support posts (and @towo for his work), thank you for your help! See y'all in a couple of years.

More scrots, this should not be a dead thread! Scrots get people interested in trying new things.

-edit- I forgot that the forum is primarily Deutsche and that the other scrot thread exists and is active. Carry on!
« Last Edit: 2019/01/15, 03:13:43 by hhhorb »

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #93 on: 2019/01/15, 03:46:51 »
I switched sources from sid to buster before the weekend, ahead of the transition freeze.
Not something I would consider but good that it worked for you. I'm considering installing Buster in ~6 months after it goes stable. I would keep a siduction install of course! I have a Stretch install with Plasma 5.12 from Neptune OS as a fallback now. Plasma has improved markedly since the Stretch default version but I could probably live with the Buster version.

-edit- I forgot that the forum is primarily Deutsche and that the other scrot thread exists and is active. Carry on!

We non-German natives who use siduction are still alive and well!  8)
I like your desktop photo, and have also move my panel to vertical. Makes more sense on a wide screen.

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #94 on: 2019/01/15, 03:54:17 »
Here's my current one, wallpaper courtesy of somewhere on the internet:

Offline unklarer

• User
« Reply #95 on: 2019/01/15, 11:34:42 »
Hello, you two!

yours screenshots look wonderful. I love that when the users show their desktops.   ;)

@3h
Thank you very much for your praise. This distibution is really the best if you want to have a real rolling release and you always consider the hints of those responsible.
I have therefore never experienced a bankruptcy.

Unfortunately, for years there have been no people like @damo, @bronto etc. from your forum who can easily create graphical elements in your distribution, which is an absolute pep.    8)  ???

hhhorb

« Reply #96 on: 2019/01/16, 01:38:19 »
Thanks for the posts and responses!

@sunrat, beautiful scrot. Plasma has blown GNOME out of the water, just on RAM usage alone, and then there's the customization factor and not having to deal with https://extensions.gnome.org/
I flipping love KDE Connect!

@unklarer, damo has returned to our forums after a long health issue! BrontosaurusRex is still active daily there, too.

BL serves it's purpose, a debian stable LIVE disc with a fairly minimal Openbox/xfce4-power-manager based desktop that installs easily on most hardware due to the inclusion of non-free firmware and whatnot. We're getting better, and are excited that the freeze has come and we can do some real development-testing on our next release, Lithium, based on buster.

That scrot, my primary partition, is BunsenLabs Helium (jessie) upgraded to debian sid, then downgraded (sort of?) to buster. I run Plasma but have BunsenLabs Openbox and Xfce sessions as well. Those available sessions have saved my behind a couple of times during the recent sid KDE upgrades.  Debian 4EVAH, One apt To Rule Them All.
« Last Edit: 2019/01/16, 02:03:25 by hhhorb »

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #97 on: 2020/01/17, 12:53:09 »
New year, new wallpaper. I confess I changed it one other time during the year. I'm a bit surprised how little anything else has changed on my desktop.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #98 on: 2020/01/29, 18:12:29 »
@sunrat

Nice leaf!

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #99 on: 2020/01/29, 23:14:23 »
@piper
I learned from the master.  ;)

Nice molecule!

Offline DX2300

« Reply #100 on: 2021/04/10, 22:37:48 »
Nothing fancy. Sid / Plasma (Norbert Preining repo):

DX2300

Offline mrneilypops

• User
    • dwmX
« Reply #101 on: 2021/10/15, 21:51:55 »

Offline rdr

« Reply #102 on: 2021/12/14, 12:00:36 »
There's a hidden thing in this screenshot.

Offline mrneilypops

• User
    • dwmX
« Reply #103 on: 2021/12/23, 22:14:10 »
 8)

« Last Edit: 2021/12/23, 22:20:59 by mrneilypops »

Offline dancaer69

• User
« Reply #104 on: 2022/07/04, 01:40:07 »
Today's fresh installation(fluxbox):