Siduction Forum > Upgrade Warnings

FIXED -- Skanlite "Operation not supported", similar with xsane

<< < (2/5) > >>

charlyheinz:
Here scan software is not working anymore. An Epson Workforce WF-7515 connected via network could not be found from software. I've tried Xsane, iscan and simple-scan. The network- conenction is working with cups for printing, the configuration in etc/sane.d/epcowa.conf still exists and I can reach the webinterface of the printer/scanner.
I could not find any further debugging information.
What I will try is to remove and reinstall the Epson Iscan- softwarepakage. May be it will help. I'll post the result later.

charlyheinz:
After removing and reinstall the Epson scanning softwarebundle (iscan-bundle-2.30.4.x64) the scanner is working again!
--- Quote ---apt policy xsane iscan libsane
xsane:
  Installiert:           0.999-12
  Installationskandidat: 0.999-12
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 0.999-12 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
iscan:
  Installiert:           2.30.4-2
  Installationskandidat: 2.30.4-2
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 2.30.4-2 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
libsane:
  Installiert:           1.0.32-4
  Installationskandidat: 1.0.32-4
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 1.0.32-4 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
--- End quote ---

dibl:

--- Quote from: Charleyheinz ---After removing and reinstall the Epson scanning softwarebundle (iscan-bundle-2.30.4.x64) the scanner is working again!
--- End quote ---

Yes, mine is an old, but good-working Epson:

--- Code: ---Bus 003 Device 004: ID 04b8:010a Seiko Epson Corp. GT-8700/GT-8700F [Perfection 1640SU/1640SU PHOTO]
--- End code ---

This scanner has been working on my linux systems for ~15+ years with no problems. Suddenly it won't work on either of my desktop systems, which are fully updated siduction installations. The error message is the same on both.  So something in Debian has changed.

Google found another person just ran into the same problem with Suse last month:

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/557586-Old-Epson-Perfection-1640SU-flatbed-scanner

It's been weeks since I last used my scanner, so it could have been "broken" for that long, too.

So, something in Debian has changed, and I need to figure out what that change was, and find a workaround -- maybe that iscan-bundle package will fix it.  But I never needed it before.

charlyheinz:
Hallo Dibl- I think I've had the same scanner in the past. Very goog for negativ scanning with the overhead- light unit. But I have used it via scsi interface. How are you working on it- scsi / usb /network? Maybe scsi connected is not that easy this days.

dibl:
It's a USB scanner -- I have the adapter for slides/negatives, but these days it's only for occasional office work -- probably it gets used twice a month at most. It is seen by the system (see lsusb output above), and it is found by skanlite and xsane, but then the preview command fails with the error.  I've downloaded the Epson tarball for the imagescan bundle -- hopefully this will fix the issue.

EDIT:  This is imagescan-bundle for Debian 10.  It appears to be ver.. 3.65, according to the package name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version