Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  (WORKDED AROUND) xserver-xorg update -- touchpad cursor speed slow  (Read 17450 times)

Online towo

• Administrator
  • User
@piper: That kernel doesn't seem to be in the repo. So I have to download it and install manually I suppose?
Code: [Select]
~
towo:Defiant> LANG=C apt-cache policy linux-image-3.16-rc5-siduction-amd64
linux-image-3.16-rc5-siduction-amd64:
  Installed: 3.16~rc5-1
  Candidate: 3.16~rc5-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.16~rc5-1 0
        100 http://packages.siduction.org/extra/ experimental/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
It is in the repo and why you havn't asked about the available repo?
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

Offline dion

• User
@dion,

I'm running 3.15.5 (from kernel.org, self configured) and this doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem.
Can you check your /proc/config.z and see if the relevant modules are enabled?

This is what I get on my machine. Seems ok to me?

dion@xps13:~$ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i -e evdev -e synap
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=m
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_SYNAPTICS=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_SYNAPTICS_I2C=m
CONFIG_MOUSE_SYNAPTICS_USB=m
CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_USB_PWC_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_SYNAPTICS_I2C_RMI4=m

Offline dion

• User
@towo: I just installed the 3.16-rc4 kernel from the repository you specified. Same problem as 3.15-2, alas.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Re: (Fixed) xserver-xorg update -- touchpad cursor speed slow
« Reply #33 on: 2014/07/18, 21:14:56 »
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  The touchpad cursor is now flying across the screen, faster than ever before, I think.  It must have been fixed in this morning's updates.

Edit:  It was necessary to delete the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/synaptics.conf files, to get back to a sane level of cursor control.  I looked at the changelogs for the two xserver-xorg updates, but I'm not sure that is even where the problem was fixed.  In any event, both the netbook and the laptop are back to normal performance.
« Last Edit: 2014/07/18, 21:44:55 by dibl »
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline Jörg

• User
Hello dibl,

has a new "xserver-xorg-input-synaptics"-package solved your problem with the slow touchpad? Unfortunately nothing has changed for me since a D-U of c. 60 minutes ago.  Hopefully that will alter with one of the forthcoming D-U's within short!

Greetings,
Jörg

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
There was not a new package for xserver-xorg-input-synaptics.  There were two xserver packages, but I reviewed the changelogs and did not see any type of change related to hardware support.  There were other updated packages, but I don't know which one fixed the touchpad issue.  But both of my affected systems were fixed by the updates yesterday morning (U.S. Eastern time zone).
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO