Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  lxqt - default application not setting  (Read 2611 times)

Offline titan

• User
lxqt - default application not setting
« on: 2016/04/09, 18:39:04 »
I have just tried to set Chromium as my default browser in LXQT Configuration Centre - LXQT Session Settings - Default Applications - Web Browser  I can change it to Chromium but it just reverts to Firefox , changing the terminal works fine.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: lxqt - default application not setting
« Reply #1 on: 2016/04/09, 20:19:25 »
I have my browsers in opt, so you would have to adjust accordingly and I don't use/like chromium

Code: [Select]
update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-www-browser x-www-browser /opt/firefox 90

update-alternatives --set x-www-browser /opt/firefox
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2016/04/09, 22:54:10 »
I have set it with update-alternatives but it makes no difference. The problem is opening links, general use I just open the browser I want. I eventually found changing openbox config from Iceweasel back to x-www-browser fixed it which I though odd as I use kwin with LXQT and also had the problem with i3.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2016/04/09, 23:43:23 »
there are many Applications out in the wild that use own settings for prefered browsers - one of these applications is thunderbird/frosted_duck or so

Edit: and before i forget - there are alternatives for x-www-browser, gnome-browser etc pp
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2016/04/10, 12:18:03 »
The problem was actually highlighted when I opened a link in Signal (beta) messenger on i3 , Signal has no way to change preferred applications so I changed to LXQT to find the same problem with trying to set Chromium as my default browser.