Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Anyone expeimenting with a Raspberry Pi?  (Read 4702 times)

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
[EN] Anyone expeimenting with a Raspberry Pi?
« on: 2012/08/12, 01:08:47 »
Hi all

I've been using some of my limited time playing around with the Raspberry Pi.  Right now I have Raspian running on it.  It's a Debian Wheezy based RPi distro optimized for their ARM processor.  I also have Occidentalisv01, which is Raspian with a few hardware hacking settings added.

My next day free, I'm hoping to try upgrading from wheezy to sid, if the Debian repos will allow, and then, seeing if I can find a way of adding razor-QT to a the base install.

I'm taking this one step at a time because of limited time, so, I haven't checked the sid repos yet to see if arm packages are available.  That is, the same packages they're using in Raspian, compiled for the specific ARM processor.

Has anyone else had any experience with the Raspberry Pi?

I'm hoping a sid base with a razor-QT core might be an interesting OS for the RPi.
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline DeepDayze

• User
RE: Anyone expeimenting with a Raspberry Pi?
« Reply #1 on: 2012/08/12, 02:31:06 »
Sounds cool maybe that could make a nice nettop for the big TV. Heep us posted on this project

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
RE: Anyone expeimenting with a Raspberry Pi?
« Reply #2 on: 2012/08/12, 02:55:59 »
XBMC is already running on the RPi, but installing it requires compiling from source, and, I haven't had time to do that yet.  Those that have say it handles 1080p very well.
Linux Counter number 348347